fla

Solid air inlet elbow

Bought an alloy air inlet elbow to replace the corrugated flexible one which invariably leaks. 

Problem is, it seems to be too long to allow the BMC to fit.

This is from Bar-tek. Has anyone else had the same issue and if so how did you sort it? I'm assuming I'll need to cut some of the end off? Don't want to cut either too much or too little, so again any info here would be great 

What is the best solution to seal the extra port (for the old isv)? Mine is obd2 so dont need it

Thanks 

Hasan

20230926_183150.jpg

20230926_183255.jpg

20230926_183308.jpg

20230926_184505.jpg

Was that inlet elbow designed for the Corrado? Most of the ones I've seen are for the AAA  VR6 in the Mk3 Golf, and don't fit properly or foul the strut tower when fitted into the Corrado engine bay.

I guess if everything else lines up, get it shortened to match what is ther eat the moment. Probably not something to do at home and worth going to a machine shop for unless you are set up to do it yourself.

on their site they said for both the golf and corrado.  Yes it fouls the strut tower very slightly too, but i think i can get around that with the silicone joiners.

You're probably right i'll need to get it cut and flared by a machine shop, so i'll have to take some accurate measurements

You could dent the pipe to miss the tower?

Masking tape the pipe

mark the impact position

Hold a piece of round bar against the spot and hit the bar with a hammer (you could fill the pipe with sand to prevent depressing the pipe too much - rinse out well afterwards).

Re-polish

Tip to cut the pipe squarely - wrap a piece of paper tightly around it.

If the silicon fits well on the now shortened pipe you won't need a flare as it doesn't hold boost and therefore won't pop off.

If facing fitment issues with a Bar-tek alloy air inlet elbow, consider carefully trimming the excess length for proper fit with the BMC. To seal the additional port for the old ISV, use a suitable high-temperature silicone sealant for a secure closure.