Sallyanne

VR6 Recommended exhaust

Hi all, I hope I'm doing the right thing in the right place by starting a new topic! I'm just having my 1995 VR6 undersealed/dinitrol treated and they've picked up (which should have been noted on the MOT but wasn't!) that the exhaust system is very rusty and definitely on it's last legs. Can someone point me in the right direction of getting a good (as standard as possible - no big boy exhausts for me!) system? I found this https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/uk/wc253j26h7tr-jetex-stainless-steel-exhaust-system-non-resonated.html but it says it fits all Corrados. Is that really correct that the same exhaust fits all models? Sorry if I seem a bit dim!

Or is there something better I can buy for it? I'm keen to keep it as original as possible.  I’m near Bristol but happy to travel within an hour or so if needed.

Edited by Sallyanne
Additional note

I’ve got a supersprint system. Not a massive tailpipe but it does sweep up and to the side like a standard system

IMG_4364.jpeg

IMG_4234.jpeg

12 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I’ve got a supersprint system. Not a massive tailpipe but it does sweep up and to the side like a standard system

IMG_4364.jpeg

IMG_4234.jpeg

Thanks Chris, that looks good!

Jetex is a good option on both cost and fit. Miltek is another option but it more expensive than Jetex however looks virtually the same when fitted.

I have a miltek on mine, excuse garage mess.. 

exhuast.thumb.jpg.fd02bbca1b49d983f81fbff9eeca3e04.jpg

25 minutes ago, _Matt_ said:

Jetex is a good option on both cost and fit. Miltek is another option but it more expensive than Jetex however looks virtually the same when fitted.

I have a miltek on mine, excuse garage mess.. 

exhuast.thumb.jpg.fd02bbca1b49d983f81fbff9eeca3e04.jpg

Thanks Matt. Is it correct that the same Jetex system fits all Corrado models? My husband seems to think that my VR6 would need a different one to an 8v for example.

I've still got my original too,  so no help really. I had decided to Supersprint it after ChrisL put his on. I like it lots, but it ain't cheap. 

My other option was to get one made up with exactly the same tailpipe as the original, just a thought.

Lots of people have the Miltek on though. Good luck with your decision 👍 

Thanks all very much for your help. I think I’ll go for the popular and not too expensive Mitek as the local mechanic gives it the nod of approval too!

I think the VR6 has a different exhaust from factory (different pipe diamater) but aftermarket is all the same.

You'll have another consideration too - Resonated or Non-Resonated. Non-res is louder and when it comes to Miltek all it means is you get a straight pipe instead of the backbox on the Resonated system. Both have the "suitcase" style in the middle and a straight pipe from the cat back to the suitcase (same as stock).

I have had both options on mine, I prefer the resonated option.

Posted (edited)

Just coming back to say that (on a friend’s recommendation) I went to Infinity Exhausts near Bristol. They make you a custom stainless steel exhaust. In my case I just asked for as close as possible to original. At £450 fitted, I thought it was a bargain and would really recommend them to anyone in the South West. https://www.infinity-exhausts.co.uk

Edited by Sallyanne

Sounds a great idea. Do you have any pictures of it fitted

I don’t I’m afraid unless I try to crawl underneath! I’m really pleased with it though as it still sounds original and if anything, goes better than ever!