Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

budget insurance taking the pi**!

My policy with budget expired on the 9th, but apparently it automatically renews. I got in touch asking them to cancel it....

Budget woman: "sorry, the payment of £1106 is due to come out on the 11th and we cant stop it."

Me: "WTF!!! ok, so can i cancel it with the bank?"

Budget woman: "no, we need the payment before we can send out the proof of no claims"

Me: "WHAT....!!! so i'll be refunded right?"

Budget woman: "yes, on friday at which point we can send out the NCD proof, but the money will take 7days to get back into your account, but really you should have told us you wanted to cancel your policy"

Me: "@!£$!!"

ok i accept I should have canceled it (didnt read the small print :mad: ) but come on, how can they justify taking out that huge a lump sum just to refund it? it really takes the pi**.

The woman also insisted on trying to beat the price of the new policy...and came out £500 more expensive.

:roll: always read the small print. At least you're getting all your money back, even if it does mean they have it for a week

well i suggested that, but apparently if i do that they wont issue my no claims certificate which i need for my new policy! I have no idea why. They also want me to send back the policy cover documents, which I havent even got yet!

what company is it?

this happened with my friend with tescos, he had to cancel his direct debit

erm the clue is in the title "budget" insurance :lol:

Thats what happened to me with Endsleigh. I phoned the bank to cancel the direct debit, it was too late to cancel it as was due in the next day or two, but they issued a recall. the money left my account on the day it was due but then was put back in at the end of the day.

Then I got lots of nasty letters from Endleigh threatenining me that I had broken the credit act blah blah

Eventually managed to get them to cancel the insurance!