Sign in to follow this  
Dub Style

1.8T vs VR6

300BHP cammed up R32 lump or 1.8T with the boost wound up?

I know which one I'd rather have.....

Is there a cam setup that delivers an extra 60bhp on an R32? The first R32 I saw on the Stealth rolling road only made about 225bhp :roll:

mick clements AmD'd R32 put out 307bhp at well lane. with cams, air filter, and miltek exhaust.

it had more torque at 1800rpm than my schricked 2.9 did at 3500.

mick clements AmD'd R32 put out 307bhp at well lane. with cams, iar filter, and miltek exhaust.

it had more torque at 1800rpm than my schricked 2.9 did at 3500.

Anyone know if the rollling road graphs for power and torque are availble online anywhere for Mick's car or perhaps it was in a mag somewhere?

I am new to the forrum and won't be having a corrado for another 2-3 months, but in my opinion a turbo gives the engine a more desireable environment, just how a radiator cools it down from overheating a turbo helps it get more air, kinda like specializing each component, radiator just for cooling, turbo just to make sure the engine breathes as much as it can. If you won't call me an idiot for sayn that than we can agree on the next subject. 1.8L - less displacement- less potential. A v6 (and especially a well engineered vr6) in my opinion is the most balanced engine for street driving. It's smooth because of the 2 extra pistons, but more economical than a v8 a with well tuned forced induction it'l give many more expensive cars a run for their money

Isn't it about 176lb/ft? (ah cheers triggermyson)

The 1.8T.. as Kev says, the sky is your limit. Not too difficult to extract 270BHP and similar torque from one of those engines!

Slightly OT but the MK5 GTI is showing potential to be a rocket.....Morego do a chip that takes it up to 252hp with 267lb/ft....

I can see myself getting tempted by a 12 to 18month old GTI you know....

Yeah lovely looking motors those GTI's.. just think you might struggle to find one that hasn't been ragged to death - whenever I see them, they're being caned! :(

The mate of mine who had that Anni has just been and picked up a nice used MK4 V5 today. Heated leathers, FSH, flat black, good condition (but needs a few scratches etc taking out) for £7k - the noise off that V5 engine is rather nice I have to say! :D

Good, that's how I like them to be driven from new :-)

It's the engines driven by old farts from new that blow when you give it some right foot 3 years down the line :-)

Sorry but I'm bypassing the MK4 and never like the MK3, at all. The MK5 has it all and has restored faith in the letters 'GTI' again.... VW's is top of the tree at the moment peeps, nice to see such high praise for once, instead of the usual unflattering remarks it's forebears received.

Not too difficult to extract 270BHP and similar torque from one of those engines!

Dubsport managed 450bhp from the one in that orange Mk2 Golf . :shock: