Sign in to follow this  
GIXXERUK

new here hi ........

i havent got a c yet but i'm looking for a vr6, is the best corrado a vr6 ??

i've drove a few vr6's and i love the torque they have :evil:

i've had lots of vee dubs before mk1,mk2,mk3 golf gti's and ive just bought an fsi mk5

just a couple of questions

1, is there vr6 very thirsty ?

2, does the sunroof break on every corrado ?

3, whats the weakest point on the corrado ? handling, brakes,gearbox etc

we could do with a buying guide on the forum

any info on"what to look for" ,typical faults would be greatly appreciated

thanks

paul

oh yeah how easy (and the price ) is it to get hold of a full leather interior from a breaker??......gold dust ??

:-P just spotted the buying guide but any additional info would be good , from your own personal experience

cheers

welcome to the forum :D

anyway..........to answer yer questions

1)given that its a 2.9L 6cylinder engine with 190bhp standard........you should be able to get early 20's mpg round town and early 30's doing 75-85mph......IMO not bad especially when you consider the 18mpg that a XR4i/XR4x4 gives round town with a 2.8/2.9 V6 with only 150bhp

2)not really..........it alll depends on whether they get properly greased etc

3)Parts prices!!!!!!

thx vr6storm :D

i'm interested in a vr6 thats for sale on the forum which has 175k on the clock but has had a recon box and rebuilt engine but my concern is the diff suspension and brakes at that mileage

although i would probably buy coil overs

is it worth having the c chipped ? does the handling suffer by dropping it and fitting say 17" or 18", the other cars i've done this to the handling has improved but the ride suffers, less roll with a smaller tyre sidewall but less ive over the bumps

:oops:

brakes(discs and pads)...IMO are consumables so will need to be replaced at some point.........the Corrado VR6 IMHO has some seriously cheap good quality brakes available.........and if your thinking of coil-overs etc then tbh it don't really matter too much the state of the suspension on it at the moment......though still use it as a bargaining tool

as for chipping it........ive had the AmD re-chip in mine prior to going over to the schrick VGi set up and i did notice the car pulled a lot harder to the redline

Hello,

I think considering its a 2.9, its not bad on fuel, 35mpg is best i've seen on a run and get round mid twenties round town.

My sunroof works fine, but best to keep them greased up, somethin i need too do.

I think the brakes are one of the weakest parts on a vr6, although as i now have new pads and disks, im happy with mine.

My full black leather interia, cost me £600 from a breakers/ebay, beige always seems to make more though, probley due to it being rare'er then black. It comes up, you just have to be in the right place with the money at the right time, Does not help

that mk2 golf owners, buy up some of them.

I think my car handles fine with 17s koni's and H&R springs, maybe a little harder then 15s but not enough to worry about, and 17s seem too look better IMO

When I visited Mr Marcel the other night, my VR returned a 43.1 mpg at a constant 50mph. Thinking that was surely a white elephant, I did my usual calculations at the pump today (calculators on mobile phones are handy!) by god the MFA wasn't telling porkies. It did 90 miles on 2 gallons :shock: When caning it though, don't expect more than 20mpg.

Agreed, VR brakes are rubbish. They lack the strong bite at low speeds the G60 has but there are plenty of options available to address that.

Also agreed on the 17s. When I drove Gareth's car, I actually forgot it was wearing 17s when putting the car through it's paces, and that says a lot. You need *good* quality 17s to achieve that tho. Avoid cheapy, heavy 17s at all costs.

Interiors can be a bit fragile if abused but mechanically they are robust.

K

huh, all the questions are answered ;)

I'll just say welcome to the forum then 8)

thx for the welcome 8)

just one more Q , i took a k reg vr out yesterday it was a total bag 'o' shite ,susp knackered ,engine leaking oil and rusty as fcuk underneath but my Q is do all the VR'S have really sloppy gearboxes or did the one i drove need the cables adjusting ?

it was a really long throw from first to second and just really sloppy

cheers

paul :wink:

welcome..

gearbox does have pretty loong throws. i came to the vr6 from a crx with a nice notchy, close gearbox....the vr6 is worlds apart but you can still shift quick if you good enough 8)

When I visited Mr Marcel the other night, my VR returned a 43.1 mpg at a constant 50mph. Thinking that was surely a white elephant, I did my usual calculations at the pump today (calculators on mobile phones are handy!) K

I hope you werent using a mobile phone next to a fuel pump Kev.... :lol:

welcome..

gearbox does have pretty loong throws. i came to the vr6 from a crx with a nice notchy, close gearbox....the vr6 is worlds apart but you can still shift quick if you good enough 8)

someone was selling plates (I think) to shorten the the shift ages ago (2 years?) on the e-group, don't remember them ever coming up on this forum, but they were sposed to be very simple to fit, cheap, and "The best cheap mod you can do" from memory.

Really can't remember who it was though, but they sold a few, and everyone loved them.

When I visited Mr Marcel the other night, my VR returned a 43.1 mpg at a constant 50mph. Thinking that was surely a white elephant, I did my usual calculations at the pump today (calculators on mobile phones are handy!) K

I hope you werent using a mobile phone next to a fuel pump Kev.... :lol:

It's the shell suit he was wearing at the time that you gotta worry about (for many reasons!)

Nah I sold that shell suit last week...... but yep I was using the mobile and lighting a fag whilst filling up :mrgreen:

the amount of times I light up just as I pull into a petrol station, then immediately think "SH1T", and throw it out of the window (into the forecourt) :oops: :roll: .

Kev, you were on the e-group weren't you? do you remember the short shift mod? I'm going back to August 2002

LOL.... I always throw it out way before getting near the filling station but I know what you mean!

Do you mean the Corrado egroup? Don't use that...... Go on, remind me of the short shift mod :lol:

hmmm yeah i'll look into the short shift mod i remember they did those for the mk2 golf i had

does anyone else think renault copied the c with their mark 1 19 16v ?

hmmm yeah i'll look into the short shift mod i remember they did those for the mk2 golf i had

well tbh.........both cars were released around the same time.....88/89F :wink:

well tbh.........both cars were released around the same time.....88/89F :wink:

hmm who copiedwho then ? :afro: