Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

MOT out of the way for another year.

ONly failed on 3 things.

Bleed nipple on front N/S weeping, just needed nipping up a bit more.

Brake compensator valve not working right, so I just adjusted the spring,

Emissions failed on Lambda as my exhaust is blowing at the downpipe, so I just doggied it up with sealant.

Mint, my corrado passes it's frirst MOT in my possessionand costs me nothing to get it through!

now who says they aren't reliable cars...

Same here....2 MOTs so far under my ownership, no faults found :D

The fact 10 year old Corrados are still on the road is proof enough they are reliable.

I've racked up nearly 30K in mine already and it has never even felt close to breaking down.....but hang on, aren't I the 6000+ plus post man that has replaced everything? :mrgreen:

But Corrados are sensitive to positive comments. CrazyMarcel and I were discussing how reliable they are the other night and half way home he texted me to say his crank sensor had packed up and wouldn't start.

So in theory, slag the Corrado off constantly and reverse physcology should come into effect and keep it reliable :-P

Just had mine done on Wednesday, sailed through, especially after the MOT tester got all the other mechanics to stand around my Rado to demonstrate the ELRA (automatic seatbelts) :lol: They were well impressed with that gadget :D

Tempest

Aren't corrado's great!

Remeber, all 3 of the faults were my fault. for not tightening the nipple engouh, making a crap downpipe, and not adjusting the valve.

So in theory, slag the Corrado off constantly and reverse physcology should come into effect and keep it reliable :razz:

Yep, works for me! After a sprint into work, always gets the "There's a good corrado" comment. However, after walking away from the car and noticing the stone chips and the pop dent in the car it get's a "SODDING CORRADO!" comment. Hopefully both will keep it in check :lol:

especially after the MOT tester got all the other mechanics to stand around my Rado to demonstrate the ELRA (automatic seatbelts) :lol: They were well impressed with that gadget :D

Do what???

ah, are those the ones that p1ss the yanks off no end, the ones they all want to get rid of in favour of "euro" belts?

ELRA??? Eh?

ELRA=Elektrischer Rückhalteautomat, German (VW speak) for automatic seatbelts. On closing the doors the shoulder belt moves from the A-pillar to the B-pillar and vice versa when opening the doors again. Very crafty :lol:

ah, are those the ones that p1ss the yanks off no end, the ones they all want to get rid of in favour of "euro" belts?

Not all of them. I actually find them very useful, so much so, that really I now need them in any other car that I occasionaly drive, as I regularly catch myself driving other cars not being buckled up :roll:

Tempest

I have to admit they are one of the coolest gadgets i've ever seen.. I don't know why, but I expected the ELRA setup to be really slow and awkward, but the belt zooms across the top of the door frame.. really cool, but something else to go wrong I spose.

do they not get in the way getting in/out of the car tough??

Nope, as the shoulder belt nicely slides towards the A-pillar when you open the door to let you get in/out (this is all with the ignition switched on, otherwise the belt sits at the A-pillar anyway).

I look forward to seeing this bizare concept in the 'flesh' one-day!

Yes, someone at the March Midlands meet made a little videoclip, but I can't seem to find that anymore :lol:

Oh well, whatever next event I take the Rado to ... :)

Tempest