Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Track Days

Anyone ever done one?

I did one on Saturday. I got to drive a 996 Porsche race prep, 3.4, 6 cylinder! :D

porsche-exp.jpg

Such great fun!! Still have the smile on my face now! MUST GET ONE!!

yeah, I drove some single seat open wheeled thing, and a rather nice BMW around Brands Hatch, was excellent :D

I've done one of those Palmer Audi experience things at Brands, but if you want to take your C round, then by far the best company to go with are http://www.bookatrack.co.uk

If you want a second opinion, I know for a fact that Henny has done them (look at his avatar ;) )

Once my C gets sorted it's going to be introduced to some very smooth tarmac :D

Once my C gets sorted it's going to be introduced to some very smooth tarmac :D

Without any bends :D

:p

Track days? Moi? :lol:

The avatar is from the Club GTI day at Curborough with me giving it a little bit too much into the hairpin! :lol: :oops: That was my first track day, and sure as hell ain't gonna be my last either! ;) All I'm gonna say is "7 days and counting..." ;) ;) ;) ;)

I've not done a track day in anything else yet though, but I have done a "red letter day" which was 4x4 and off roaders in the morning and then Tanks and the like in the afternoon! Awesome fun! I soooo want a tank! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: Clamp that ya ba$tards! ;) :lol:

I been on Knockhill, Kames and Curborough in my C, and I love it. Kames and Curborough are both tight technical courses, that you really need to be precise in, which is cool. Knockhill is a full blown racing circuit, and u can really get flying on it, which is also a lot of fun, but in a different way.

The shorter 'trial' type tracks even out any small to medium differences in speed between cars, but show up handling characterisitics. The longer tracks, let the fast cars look much better than they may be, just cos u spend a good bit of time at full bore. In that respect i kindda like the short courses better. But if u are just enjoying yourself, and not worried about whos looks faster i couldnt choose!

although I suppose on the track, a fast car is the car that gets round quickest on the day..... not the faster 0-60.