Sign in to follow this  
willscott20

Sorry my friend has got on and used my name Temperature prob

Hi I have a corrado VR6 and the fans are'nt kicking in early enough its getting real warm. However they are working when i turn it off and i have bridged the switch and the fans are working. I saw the post in problems so i have fitted a new fan/radiator switch and it has not fixed it. Do I change the thermostat next? I was told there are also 2 more temperature switches one on the head and one on the block whats the best thing to try? thanks

P.s where abouts on the engine is the thermostat located?

What do you mean exactly by fan controller I tested the fans by bridging the connection on the fan switch. If it is different where abouts would I find the fan controller?

P.S thanks for your reply I would appreciate any advice as I dont want to cook the head gasket :(

Another question for you andy how much did you lower your VR6 by as I can only seem to find 40mm springs and yours looks sweet are coilovers the only answer will 40mm and 17"s look ok or will I want it lower

I'm no expert on the fans i'm afraid as I was lucky it was just the fan switch and didnt need to go any deeper. Have a read of the last post by Henny http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... fan+switch it may help.

The fan controller is black box next to the windscreen washer tank, check the chunky fuse there. Sorry I cant be anymore help.

Not totally sure on how much its been lowered by, I guess 60 to 70mm. I have raised it by 10mm of late which has improved the ride a fair bit. Coilovers are the best way to go if you can afford that little bit more. Its nice to be able to play with ride height and damping to get it looking and riding just as you want it.

Cheers Andy

Does the temperature get high even when you are just driving aroung? (i.e. not stuck in traffic) if so then it would point to bad coolant flow, normally caused by seized thermostat or knackered water pump. Are you losing water?

Hi guys thanks for replying, normally people think I ask pretty sad and stupid questions and never respond to my posts. but hey dudes thanks alot you bunch really are so kind and loving. Where do I find how much water I have in the car, Im not exactly tip top with engines, I get my mate to do it for me cos I only now how much tyre pressure Im supposed to have in my tyres (I was extatic when i bought this vr6 with massive 15 inch wheels and 195 65 15 tyres) tyre pressure is such an important part of my life, I mean one psi or lower below the recommended levels as stated on the tyre wall could mean a crash and my dad tells me off if Im one psi below the recommended tyre inflation guide as he loves me dearly. any how, I have searched for an hour now and all I could find was a large round bottle with a blue colour liquid in it, it smelt quite revolting (strong alcoholy, disinfectant smell), so I drained all that out and topped it up with fresh water, Ii filled it up to the maximum mark, I hope this wont do any damage could somone please confirm as I am really worried incase my engine starts to smoke. I replaced one spark plug toady as my mate with a vw golf se suggested this may sort the trick out, but it didnt work unfortunatley :( so come boys give me some more pointers I am at my witts teather :idea:

*mod edit - De-capped post - Henny*

sorry about the cap locks, im really sorry. yes man i got the 195 65 15 with the corrado and it looks pretty good with the standard five spokes, i also bought anodised blue dust caps to match the colour of the car. im sending it into the paint shop at the end of the week to get the dash board colour coded in mettallic blue. what do you think???. the tyres dont look that phat pretty low profile compared to my mummys jeep.how much do think it will cost me to lower it i want 60mm and im prepared to pay upto a thousand pounds fitted and balanced.

Corrado VR6 left the factory with 205/50/15 tyres on it's wheels. I have NO IDEA why you might have wound up with 195/65/15s! Your speedo must be WAY out!! :shock:

i have only just bought the car and it came with the tyre on it. i preferably mould have gone for 190 70 13 as they are free and my mum and dad recommend them highly

The sad boy who was using my user name is now registered as ssssupercharged and is now making a mockery of the forum. Sorry on his behalf for his behaviour feel free to give him abuse :evil:

Same reason why I was reluctant to give my friends the details of the forum. Despite the sticker on my boot glass being the biggest give away - but anyway... OK, I don't mind having a giggle on forums and stuff - but this is one I take more seriously. i.e it's the first forum i've been a member of that makes me think "I'm actually proud/happy/interested to be a part of". Excuse me I have something in my eye.... *snif*

I have deleted a post by ssssupercharged which was offensive and frankly uncalled for. I have also sent them a PM warning them not to do this again. Oh, and we also can tell what his IP address is and that you're not lying willscott20, ;) 8)

Can I suggest you change your password NOW? ;)

ssssupercharged...! this is the arse hole that was selling leathers for £500.... i know lets find him and shoot him :D :D

j/k....i dont really shoot ppl i pay others to do that for me....

seriously though if you wanna piss around do it in the off topic area.

I just read the replys in the 'for sale' thread...

Can't we just ban these muppets... Everyday this forum is getting more and more infested with fuckwits and timewasters.

you can ban them but they would just register under a different name,unless you can put a block on there ip addresses

you can ban them but they would just register under a different name,unless you can put a block on there ip addresses

Very true... and there IP's probably aren't fixed... :?

.. and their IP's probably aren't fixed... :?

his is... ;) :lol: