Sign in to follow this  
RACK

Loss of faith

Yeah I suppose it doesn't look good to Newbies when we're slagging our cars off, so Metman has a valid point.

On the other hand, we still have them, so..... And Dinkus wrapped his round a tree and is enthusiastically getting it back on the road, where he could have quite easily thrown the towel in. Plus a couple of others have exumed theirs from the evil clutches of their insurance company's graveyard.

Let's just think of today's rant as venting a bit of steam? We all know how frustrating and utterly seductive they can be, in equal measure. The Corrado is the car equivalent of Femme Fatale....

all i do is remember the smile it puts on my face when everything is going how it should and it seems to make it all better :mrgreen:

all i do is remember the smile it puts on my face when everything is going how it should and it seems to make it all better :mrgreen:

Definatly - its rare, its respected and its a beast :D

I think I have this problem licked. I bought a tatty Corrado, which I adore, but I've accepted that it'll always be a tatty Corrado and I rarely spend any money on it.....well, maybe on things I want rather than need....like the FK lights and the German plates and the 17s and the......

Who am I kidding?!

had my vr since nov 2003 & it just gets better & better... really smooth & relaxing drive but has plenty of power when i need & running over 30mpg

Its not like i dont drive it, done about 15k since i got it

i think any car as old as the rado will have its problems,

mine had one previous owner with all vw stamped history & receipts

But then again I know people who have new cars that have issues which would p**s me of even more after forking out all that money

Yeah, I feel alot better about it too. I'm def gonna see the project through to end.

Thanks for helping. :lol: :lol:

Yeah I suppose it doesn't look good to Newbies when we're slagging our cars off, so Metman has a valid point.

I think the idea behind an independent forum like this one is to highlight both positive and negative aspects, nothing wrong with being blatantly honest :) As a Newbie you most likely have already come here, because you want to read about both sides of the equation of Rado-ownership, I did! And despite reading loads of so-called negative experiences, I still went ahead and got myself a Rado. Why? Well the decision had already been taken anyway :lol: , I knew that no car's perfect, and certainly not any ones not carrying the type 53 badge :lol: Thanks to being able to read both the negative and positive aspects I knew what I was letting myself into, nothing better than a fully informed, clued-up customer who knows for once what he's buying :)

So nothing wrong with sharing our experiences in the public, methinks, as long as the positive aspects outweigh the negative ones, which for me they still do :D

Tempest

I think it's good having all the negative points on here, it puts off the casual owners that aren't gonna look after their C properly and just leaves the true fans :D

Speaking as a person who is constantly berated for being overly negative (not unfairly I might add), it's good to know that people are using the information "we" provide in the right manner - I'm not trying to put anyone off, just trying to make sure they're aware of the pitfalls, and aware of the kind of financial commitment they might be looking at.

The last thing we want to hear about is some poor sod buying a Corrado and having to sell it again in a hurry at a huge loss when they find out they simply can't afford to keep it on the road. Or even worse letting it rot for a year with things breaking and then flogging it to some unsuspecting punter without disclosing all the things they didn't bother to get fixed!!

Note I'm not saying they're *that* expensive to run, but hey, they CAN be if you're unlucky!

Note I'm not saying they're *that* expensive to run, but hey, they CAN be if you're unlucky!

Or just get a bit carried away with 'em... ;) :lol: 8)

Part of the reason I love this site is the fact that there is soooo much info and so many opinions and experiences on here, both good and bad... Chances are that if it's not already on here and you ask a question, it'll be answered pretty soon afterwards, be the answer good or bad news... 8) It's the reason I stayed anyway... 8)

I agree with you henny. I've found out so much info from this site, and the help I've had has been priceless.

Also some of the bits I've been able to get hold of (boost gauge, Golf IC and a few other bits all not fitted yet! :lol: )

It seems everyone's relationship with their C is a "love and hate" one

Love the beast when it's running good, and wasting Saxos

Hate it when the repair bill comes back after fixin somthing

:lol: