Sign in to follow this  
davidwort

Group buy for Koni dampers

OK, I've got a couple of prices so far:

single rear koni-sport (80-2587SPD2 - 5 groove and designed for lower springs)

http://www.koni.com/_cars/_sport/afram.html

Stealth 90 quid each

Jondel Motorsport 57.50 each (plus vat, I think price quoted was ex vat = 67.56)

5 or more pairs (rears again)

Stealth 78 quid (no more discount for more pairs)

Jondel (ringing me tomorrow when he's sorted out some figures)

Jondel and Stealth are both in easy reach for me (I'm in Northampton)

feel free (anyone) to contact other places and get a quote.

Jondel have always been pretty good for me and a few others and I will double check if the VAT is included in their price tomorrow (don't think so)

Anyone who's interested, please make yourself known :)

cheers,

David.

Could you clarify the warranty situation with the dampers whilst finding out the prices? I think it's a lifetime warranty, I can't remember. If not I will buy a set of 4 (front and rear) as spares as they do let go eventually, 3 years on average. Especially with my driving!

Prices on the fronts would be great too.

Cheers

K

Are the front and rear dampers different for the different corrados?? Sure they are but are they all the same price or slighty different?

Quite interested in a set of these :mrgreen:

Timo.

Yeah I think they are valved to suit the application. What Koni do is valve the dampers at their softest setting to be optimised to the standard springs. They say in the manual that the firmness adjustment is for wear compensation but they ain't kidding anybody! It's for tuning with stiffer and lower springs! Konis are also shorter than the standard dampers.

Anyway, not wanting to clog the GB with chat, they are fantastic and I might be in pending prices.

Hi. As I said in the other thread I am interested in the height adjustable rear Koni dampers for my VR6. Let me know as Im definately up for a pair.

Thanks.

Hi. As I said in the other thread I am interested in the height adjustable rear Koni dampers for my VR6. Let me know as Im definately up for a pair.

Thanks.

When the chap from Jondel rings tomorrow (or if I ring him) I'll get the prices for front and rears for both 16v/G60 and VR6, from what I could see on the application list I'm pretty sure the Koni rears are the same for both although I'm sure the standard VW parts are heavier duty for the VR.

Little confusing when I spoke briefly to Vince (at Stealth) as he said they were both height adjustable and top damping adjustable, I'll get all of this checked as I thought the items I asked about were only height adjustable (don't want to confuse the two).

Anyway I'll try to be as comprehensive as possible on price, fitment, features, ride height, warranty etc..

David.

HiLittle confusing when I spoke briefly to Vince (at Stealth) as he said they were both height adjustable and top damping adjustable, I'll get all of this checked as I thought the items I asked about were only height adjustable (don't want to confuse the two)..

Hi mate

*All* of the rear koni Top adjustables are also ride height adjustable. It's only the non-adjustable rears that are not height adjustable.

OK, update as of this morning,

the prices below are full retail, I'm still waiting for a quote for a group buy, which they've not worked out for me yet, would be interesting to know how this compares with anyone else who's already bought Koni's, also which items the bought for which cars.

all prices from Jondel Motorsport

----------------------------------------

all cars rear 80-2587SPD2 57.50 each including the VAT :)

these items suitable for lowered springs and are damping adjustable and ride height adjustable OFF the car

all cars rear 8041-1108Sport 75.95 incl VAT

these are fully adjustable and top adjustable on the car, they are gas pressurised and also suitable for low springs

Fronts

--------

VR6 for lowered springs 8710-1302SP20 top damping adjustable (£ cant read my writing :oops: I'd imagine similar to 16v/G60 price though IRO 120 quid)

VR6(and late 2.0 cars chassis no 50-S-000 052 onwards) for standard ride height 8741-1259Sport top damping adjustable and gas £104.95 incl VAT

16v/G60 for lowered springs 8641-1198Sport top damping adjustable and gas: £120.50 incl VAT insert only: £91

I'll draw up a list of interested parties when I get the discounted figures up.

David.

Just received the following from Jondel Motorsport:

N.B. ignore the word 'Golf' some items may be in common with the Golf but these are all the parts listed for the Corrado. - also front inserts for 16v/G60's will be approx 80 quid each - my est.

all include VAT

David

sorry for delay , please find listed prices:-

16 V Golf

Fronts............ ............ ............ ............ 1-4 units............ 5-10 units

Without Dent............ 86-2420 Sport............ £120.50............ £109.50

Top Adjustable............ 8641-1198 Sport............ £120.50............ £109.50

With Dent............ 87-2508 Sport............ ............ £ 95.95............ £86.50

Top Adjustable............ 8741-1259 Sport............ £104.95............ £95.95

Rears

............ ............ 80-2587 Sport............ ............ £57.50............ £50.00

Top Adjustable............ 8041-1108 Sport............ £75.95............ £68.00

VR6

As 16v with Dents Fronts

As 16v Rears

Hope This is of help

Rgds

John

Jondel Motorsport

OK,

So far I have:

me:..... pair of rear 80-2587 Sport

David Winter:..... pair of rear 80-2587 Sport

'badger':..... pair of rear 80-2587 Sport? possible fronts

'Yash'?

'coxylaad'?

'Timo'?'

'swfblade'?

anyone else???

If we can get 10+ items we may get a bit more off :)

If I do a group buy, the items can be picked up from Milton Keynes or Northampton or I would be prepared to drop them off elsewhere if someone covers my fuel (within a reasonable distance - don't fancy hundreds of miles)

David.

can i confirm wether those prices are per side, or per pair?

cheers

All per damper, i.e. 2 rears would set you back 100 quid, but then I've seen how crap Boge etc.. are in comparison and how badly they wear on non-standard springs, they're not adjustable in any way and will only be about 15 quid cheaper at best.

'You pays your money...'

David.

I am interested but I am going to need rallye rears and VR fronts.

I thought you can get the full kit including springs for 400 quid.

That's what I was thinking. £380 is the cheapest I've seen, thats for Koni Sport Suspension Kit.

Look here:- http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?c=KON ... 261727&a=i

Not trying to burst the bubble but it seems for a bit more you can get a full koni kit.

For me it (vr6) it would be £190 for the fronts and £140 for the rears so thats £330. Still need springs after that which ~£120-150 mark.

Just my opinion. Pretty sure the koni kit is the same as the TA dampers you have quoted prices, but I could be wrong!

Timo.

dam beaten to it. I was just about to say about those prices and the Koni kits.

So £370, for all round on mine, + springs, or a full kit for £380......... :roll:

Yep, I bought the Kit from Larkspeed for £380 inc delivery and got the H&R's seperatly (the SSK kit comes with the TA Dampers and Vogtland springs)

My plans a few months ago was to buy the full koni kit and see how I found it. If I wasn't too happy I was going to get the H&R springs a few months down the line after that. But from what people have said the Koni kit is very similar to the Koni/H&R setup.

Maybe we should be trying to get a GB on the Koni kits :mrgreen:

Timo.

TSR do an SSK Kit for £423 (incl VAT) or 4 dampers for £317

The larkspeed price does look good, although I'm only really after 2 rears that can be adjusted for my eibach springs and TSR are just too far away.

The idea was to try to get a reasonable price on a collection of individual dampers as at least a couple of us just want to improve on the rear height and Koni's look about the best option. I could find out what price I could get the kits for but I'd imagine they'd be about the same as larkspeed. but if people want standard height Konis or just pairs of lowered dampers and no springs then whole kits are a bit much.

By all means suggest any options though.

David.