Sign in to follow this  
rodney

bonnet protector??

Hello

Basically does anyone know where i can get hold of one of these (the 'leather' type that slide over the front of the bonnet). i've seen a few on corrados at shows over the summer but cant find any.

cheers

rodney :)

Errr..... :oops: :oops: what are they for exactly - cos it looks like the stuff manufacturers disguise their new cars with

Rodney, they are pants, get some protective film, all the max power tuners sell it, far less cosmetically challenged. :-P

perfect for track days or the people that want to preserve the look of a car...cant see the point on an every day car though??? they want to keep it looking nice.........but it looks sh1te with a car bra on so whats the point?? they may aswell drive a pink metro .... ppl will think there just as wierd

It's all very nice ugly! Then you go and take the car bra off again and have a patch of paint that doesn't match the rest of the car

they also scratch the paint if any dust or grit gets under them or even if they get wet :( as a mate of mine with a new beetle found out

that paint protection stuff is good though its a foliatec product i think :scratch:

about £35 for a sheet 30cm by 165cm from demon tweeks order code (3411)

i used it on my mr2 bonnet and it worked very well and its easy to remove if you need to 8)

there's also this stuff :wink:......IIRC it was someone down Bournemouth way that was getting this about a year or 2 ago

Basically does anyone know where i can get hold of one of these (the 'leather' type that slide over the front of the bonnet). i've seen a few on corrados at shows over the summer but cant find any.

Yuk :pukeright:

hello again

ive shaken the moth balls out of the wallet and booked the front end in for a respray. Thanks for the alternative ideas / suggestions.

perfect for track days or the people that want to preserve the look of a car...cant see the point on an every day car though??? they want to keep it looking nice.........but it looks sh1te with a car bra on so whats the point?? they may aswell drive a pink metro .... ppl will think there just as wierd

How did you guess my other motor??