Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

GPC Says no more chrome Corrado badges!

Been looking for a Corrado script badge in silver/chrome for the rear of my car and my local dealer has been unable to get me one so tried GPC today who informed me that they sold the last one the other day and that's it! Anyone got any other suggestions about how to get one?

Cheers Roddy - like the Porker by the way - did you read the article in Used Car Buyer? Pretty complimentary about both your motors - except the "don't bother spending any more money for a Storm - its not worth it!" comment!

Cheers Roddy - like the Porker by the way - did you read the article in Used Car Buyer? Pretty complimentary about both your motors - except the "don't bother spending any more money for a Storm - its not worth it!" comment!

grrrrrr :twisted: :wink: ............then again its very true for what you get....... the storm aint worth spending any more over a similar spec VR :wink:

That phone number for VAG aint working for me Roddy - is it right?

sorry ain't tried it for ages...............but what ive posted is what i have on my phone :? :?

aint worth spending any more over a similar spec VR :wink:

Or getting a better-spec'd one for cheaper, eh Rodders... ;)

I can't believe all the Corrado scripts are gone, not when you can still get MK1 GTI livery.....

Just colour code the one you've got and be done with it. Makes for a very tidy backside...... in my opinion of course :wink:

aint worth spending any more over a similar spec VR :wink:

Or getting a better-spec'd one for cheaper, eh Rodders... ;)

:p ok ok rub it in m8 :D

My guess is your local dealer has only consulted local stock, or "group" stock. It seems a little surprising that they'd all disappear. Maybe all Corrado owners are *n*l about their badges looking tip-top, but I doubt it...

Another thought - there's shed loads of untidy Corrado script badges kicking around, they just need re-chroming. Anyone?

The upper door card trims / inner glass seals are now obsolete too. So look after yours if doing any work on the doors!

Seems more and more C stuff is being shoved in the bin and their p/ns taken off the system.

I feel a petition coming on......

Why can't VW extend Corrado owners the same loyalty as MK1 and MK2 owners? Parts for both of those are still plentiful.

If you can still get parts for sodding air-cooled junk, you should still be able to get them for the Corrado! :mad:

But the corrado was so low volume... They just don't want to have to carry any inventory for the c. 8000 cars on the road (in the UK) now (maybe).

Mk1 and Mk2 owners have the advantage of their cars having sold millions in the FIRST place, even if there's not many around any more.

Sad, but true. Why do you think so many people are benefitting from getting cheap New Old Stock from dealers right now?

seriously...we need something done about it, i mean if the DMC deloreon guys can do it!! and they have a parts company especially for the car. :roll:

Well.... the prices on ebay simply reflect OUR gullibility in paying that much in the first place. By "our" I mean *all* the Corrado owners out there. Of course, none of us have ever paid over-the-odds for something on ebay, no, of course not. Ahem. :)

I do find it incredible that GPC (with their contacts in germany) can't get these things. Surely VW and the Karmann factory have/know of plenty of parts for these cars. As a company, VW has a requirement to produce and store a percentage of total car sales in EACH PART that they stock, and they are obliged to keep them in stock for 10 years+. I suppose this runs out May/June next year, but considering that we know of Corrados being sold in 1996 and 1997 even, it probably wouldn't be too hard to persuade a court that should be maintained for a year or two...