Sign in to follow this  
pablo_vr6

Favourite mod

whats your favourite mod that YOU have done to your C?

Ill start by saying the HKS filter and decat - the sound when the car is pushed on is amazing and brings a grin EVERY time :)

Ask me in a few weeks i've got a good one on the way for the G60. it being made by G-Werks and is a test model for the hotter climate.

Ask me in a few weeks i've got a good one on the way for the G60. it being made by G-Werks and is a test model for the hotter climate.

It wouldn't have also been prototyped on another G-Werks fettled car would it? It wouldn't be one of the reasons Darren tried to keep the bonnet shut on G60 BV's car at the Brunters day out would it? ;)

TV system.... gives me something to do as I wait for the breakdown truck to arrive.... AGAIN.... :( :lol:

Seriously though? Erm, other than the engine, gearbox, brakes and suspension, probably the Moonroof conversion.... makes the whole interior sooo much brighter when the screen is open... 8)

Only done a couple of simple things to mine so far.

Colour coded the grill and headlight surrounds, Lupo wipers, detailed the headlight reflector in black and am in the process of removing the side strips. All simple, subtle and very easy to do (apart from the laquer on the grill :mad: ). Particularly like the reflector mod- costs a couple of quid, only takes about an hour and looks 8)

Future mods: Magnex or Powerflow exhaust

De-cat

BMC or some type of cold air feed mod

Wheel refurb

It wouldn't have also been prototyped on another G-Werks fettled car would it? It wouldn't be one of the reasons Darren tried to keep the bonnet shut on G60 BV's car at the Brunters day out would it? ;)

As far as im aware its not ready for fitting to any car yet, but i think there was something on a g60 a few weeks back for meaursing purposes.

Brembo 4-pots over 323mm cross-drilled discs have already saved my life a couple of times.

H&R coilovers and Eibach anti-rollbars have improved the handling beyond compare.

GruppeM ram charger has improved HP and sounds wonderful.

Rieger GTX bumper looks really cool and drags more air to where I need it.

But my favourite mod is the simplest: respraying the OZ SuperT 17s in anthracite :D

is the gruppe-M a good job? was looking at them the other day :D
Works for me! 203.1bhp in 33degreesC with no other engine mods...yet. Oh and look HERE for a third-party opinion (jimsG60, towards bottom of page, just after my pics) :-P

got a pic of the lights andy? sounds interesting

Not yet mate- need to borrow a digital camera and get some pics up.

Basically just take the lenses off and paint the outside bits of the reflector. Looks 8)

any effect on lighting?

Im gonna do angel ayes and think this mod would help immensly :)

I think it's just the flat bits that face forward on the reflectors that he has painted, so these aren't aiding the lighting anyway.

Are you going to put proper BMW lights in, or one of those kits from ebay? I've heard that those kits are a bit pants and aren't bright enough...

Quote:

got a pic of the lights andy? sounds interesting

Not yet mate- need to borrow a digital camera and get some pics up.

Basically just take the lenses off and paint the outside bits of the reflector. Looks

just look at kevhaywires pic...he has done the same thing

yeah the cheap ones are PANTS (LED ones) but you can get CCFL ones which are supposed to be a lot better. bit pricier at £80 but might be worth a blast.