Sign in to follow this  
joebrent

'P' reg VR6

Got talking to a guy a few days ago at work, he had a P reg VR6 that he bought from new. He was saying something to me about there only being 5 in the country and that VW had 5 shells left over after the storm and they specced em with leather and air. His was black with black leather with only 30k on the clock!!!!! He was thinking of selling it but wanted about 8k for it :shock:

Anyone heard about these last five corrados? I feel he was talking boll**ks!!

The car was a minter, completley standard except for an induction cat and magnex cat back, I wanted it badly!!!

I got a P-reg! :) Registered Nov. '96. Black with grey leather interior, no air-con though.

Not sure about the 'shells left over' story, but I've definitely heard there are only around 5 P-reg's in the UK, and I believe one of them is also a Storm. (How unique would that be? A P-reg storm... cor...)

I would buy his car for 8k, it sounds good.

8K with only 30k on the clock, grab it mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you dont some will, i would if i had the cash right now!

Hes not selling it at the mo, I think he said in about a year or so, ive got his number! If im in a position to buy it then i will defo call him!!

The last Corrado's were built in 95, there are 5 or 6 registered on a P plate but apart from that there is nothing special about them, I've seen 2 but they could have been the same one...

A guy was selling a Q plater on eBay a while ago, 'one of a kind' - yeah, I bet it was!

And I have heard there is an R plate somewhere but thats probably bollox!

Me, Mr Haywaire and Mr NelsonWilbury were discussing something similar in the pub last night - How VAG seem to 'find' cars like the few G40 Polo's that got registered on T plates and Mk 2 16V GTi's on N's... maybe there are still some Corrado's still to come....

Anyone heard about these last five corrados? I feel he was talking boll**ks!!

The car was a minter, completley standard except for an induction cat and magnex cat back, I wanted it badly!!!

he's talking Bo!!oxs :roll: :D :D :D

The last 5 thing may be true but they didn't follow the Storms.

As everyone now knows, the Storms are basically just an ordinary Corrado badged up in the UK. The chassis numbers are also in no specific order so there's no way of knowing what was the 'last' Storm without having all the cars recorded in one place which, so far as i'm aware, has never been done.

Also, the last registered car is not necesary the last ever made. Now that would be a valuealbe Corrado!

There was a P reg Mystic Storm at a CCGB meet a few years ago, was in real shabby shape.

There's also a P reg VR currently being broken but not sure where, a mate's just ordered the sunroof cartridge off it.

There's also a P reg VR currently being broken but not sure where, a mate's just ordered the sunroof cartridge off it.

Nooo! That means there's only 4 left now...

having all the cars recorded in one place which, so far as i'm aware, has never been done.

now that would be cool, all the storms remaining in the uk all at one meet!!

Also, the last registered car is not necesary the last ever made. Now that would be a valuealbe Corrado!

Didn't VW keep that for themselves and put it in their museum?

There was a P reg Mystic Storm at a CCGB meet a few years ago, was in real shabby shape.

I forgot I saw another P reg one at Stealth no so long ago, that was in a bit of a state (I saw the VAG-COM readout!!) - at least the owner had brought it too the right place tho...

I've seen a VR in the musuem in the Karmann factory in Osnabruck, might be the one that Tiff drove back to the factory? I got a guided tour of the museum and the factory cause a friend lived there and new someone who worked there (it's not open to the public as far as I know). It was really interesting, some cool one offs like the Scirrocco and C convertibles and a cool 2000 karmann sports car that they couldn't find a backer for.

Chap I know used to have a P reg storm, quote tiday as well - Cirencester based - chopped it in against a S4.....

they have a museum that isn't open to the public?

crazy germans ;)

Me, Mr Haywaire and Mr NelsonWilbury were discussing something similar in the pub last night - How VAG seem to 'find' cars like the few G40 Polo's that got registered on T plates and Mk 2 16V GTi's on N's... maybe there are still some Corrado's still to come....

Never seen a T-Plate G40, last Mk3 polo's are M&N Plates and thought the last Valver golfs are all K-Plates and all 5-door!

"they have a museum that isn't open to the public?"

I think it's classed more as a private collection, I'm sure if you were to pull up at the gates in ya C they'd be willing to let ya have a look around though :)

A mate of mine has a K plate Golf 16V in Tornado Red which is a 3 door. The only others I have seen on a K were White.

Gavin

Tomson, was it mystic blue? Remember seeing a mystic blue Storm in Ciren a couple of years ago- have never seen another C, let alone a Storm in Cirencester before!