Sign in to follow this  
Bournemouth James

Vibra techics front engine mount

Wheres the cheapest place to get one of these?

Is there one for all corrados?, or is there a seperate one for each corrado depending on the model?

I pesume the 20vt in my car was put in on the original corrado engine mount, or is there a chance they could of used the mount that came from the golf which the engine came out of?

The VR one is completely different from G60 and 16V. VR ones are tiny. G60 and 16v ones have a huge alloy casting.

I would imagine your mount is the original corrado one, whichever model it was to begin with.

As for prices, not many places sell them so prices tend to be the same where ever you look.

The VR one is completely different from G60 and 16V. VR ones are tiny. G60 and 16v ones have a huge alloy casting.

That would explain my shock when I saw the size of Supercharged's engine mount at the weekend... I was expecting it to be the same size as the VR one.

All VT mounts have the same replacable rubber insert (engine specific compounds).... it's the housing that differs. VT just replicate the original design and make changes (for the better) where possible. The VR VT's housing is the same diameter and about 5mm lower than the original rubber block....

heaviest engine...smallest mount????? why?

Easy...

Performance engine = Biggest mount :wink:

Surely it's just overcompensating for it's lack in peni...err power ;) :lol:

I looked. Your puny baiting didn't work. You are not worthy of my insults. Try harder next time.

I heard you actually wanted a G60 but no one would sell you one because you have a pony tail?

Is that true? - personally I think its a bit harsh but then again you have to draw the line somewhere... :-P

Now now ladies

What do you mean...? :?

Apparently that is an actual photograph that Jedi took of Dr Mat at a meet earlier this year...

I never wanted a G60. I skipped that letter in the alphabet and went straight to "V". What is this G60 of which you speak? Some sort of induction kit? ;)

Here's a picture I took of the jedi at the same meeting - I don't think he remembers me taking it, the visor tends to get in the way of the flash... ;)