Sign in to follow this  
Robbo149

VR6 inlet manifolds...

are they all the same?... 2.8 & 2.9 I mean. Are there any differences as there are with cams / throttle bodies etc? Just thinking about getting a polished one is all.

Cheers,

Robbo

LicklePaulie - I have had a go at mine but TBH I haven't the time or patience to do it properly.

There have been a couple of cheapish ones on Ebay recently, but are probably Golf ones, cheers Dazzy for the info.

Robbo

Yes, someone else will probably confirm, but the 2.8 inlet manifold and throttle bodies are different (smaller diameter) than the 2.9 parts.

Not bad LicklePaulie, but I was looking at buying one with a real smooth mirror finish. I suppose I could have another go myself :roll:

Did you polish it in situ, or did you take it off & do it all over?

Cheers,

Robbo

Robbo,

I was having the head reconditioned and took the manifold away with me. Having said that, I have 'touched up' a greasy paw-print in situ so it's not difficult if you're not worried about the bits you can't see :wink: The mirrored look does take longer but is simply a case of using a coarse wire to flatten it then a medium and finer brush to polish it up. I experimented on a hidden bit and found four different finishes and plumped for the one you see before you, preferring something that does not need polishing every weekend :roll: ! It's all a matter of taste though... :mrgreen: