Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Speedline Comp2's now ordered!

Well I bit the bullet.. spoke to a really nice chap at S-Link - should recieve them for Friday :)

He's also potentially going to venture into Corrado ownership and should be registering on the forums soon, so say hello when you see a 'Paul' register :D

Oooh... and just had a call to tell me they are gonna overnight them I should get them tomorrow.

What customer service :D

Depends if I get the tyres in time from Darren... not that i'd expect him to send them before recieving the money for them, so its kinda hard to say :(

But if everything comes, i'll go and get the tyres on the wheels on Saturday and hopefully you'll see them for Sunday :)

nice one Jim, can't wait to see your motor on these wheels... 8)

Don't worry lads - the camera WILL be on the go as soon as they are fitted :D

Nice wheels alright, now where have i seen them lately...................... :lol:

best of luck with them

Your pictures just helped remind me how good they were.. and the fact that the Seat Cupra Brembo's go on without any fuss is a bonus in case any future mods get planned :)

Hi

Im the "Paul" that Jim mentioned and i work for S-Link Design Automotive http://www.slinkdesign.co.uk whom Jim bought the lovely Speedline Comp2;s from.

I am also looking for a Corrado, in particular a VR6, unless any of you G60 owners can convince me otherwise about the choice as i have heard a few "stories" (i use the word loosely) about reliability issues.

I have been looking for a Mk1 Golf for over a year now and having seen LOTS i have given up and after speaking to the owner of a stunning red G60 at a VW Show in Biggar (im from SW Scotland) this year, i fell in love with the Corrado.

My dad had been a Volkswagen fan since he was first driving and has had lots of Gti's Scirrocos and a couple of Corrados that i "borrowed" on occasion, one being a Storm VR6 that when he sold it i cried as i couldnt have afforded it at that age.

I currently own a Saxo (dont cringe im not the boy racer cliche) which has been extensively modified by GMC Motorsport.

I also co own a Saxo "cup" car which we compete in Hillclimbs and Sprints with (http://www.vtracing.co.uk)

I am also an Official for the Saxo Sports Club, and am the scottish organiser of events, but sadly the club and car seems to be attracting the max flower market, as its cheap affordable and fun to drive, although there is a good number of us "hardcore" owners who modify for driving experience and for track days etc and not for parking in Homebase car parks.

I am going to sell my beloved road car, which i have spent $$$$ on and go for a new Corrado so i hope i am able to take and give from this forum equally as i feel i can offer a good tech help for some people on suspension engines etc.

I look forward to using the forum, and if you can help me find a VR6 then all the better

Cheers

Paul

welcome to the forum Paul... I'm sure you'll fit in... we do have some other Ex-saxo owners here too... (don't we Jim! ;) )

Red Corrado at Biggar? That's GOTTA be AndyCowuk... :lol: 8)

I believe it was skid actually... Paul mentioned on the phone something about it having 14k on the clock :D

I was put on to S-Link by the Saxo Sports Club site as they do seem to get a lot of special edition Speedline wheels come in from time to time.. so if anything suitable ever comes up for 4x100 or 5x100 VW's then feel free to advertise them Paul.

There is a good forum contingent north of the border and many of them are quite keen at spotting good Corrado's for sale! There are also a few nice ones up for sale in the For Sale section at the moment - but obviously a lot of them are based right down in England so unless you are prepared to REALLY travel they might not be too suitable :(

Anyway - welcome aboard. Looking forward to the wheels :D

Hey Jim those wheels look 8) are you going for Silver or White? Oh and welcome to the Forum Paul :D

Silver!

Here they are, on my car - as it used to be when brookescourt owned it. Seeing this picture reminded me how good they looked when I found it a month or so ago, and reinvigorated my desire to buy a set :)

I believe it was skid actually... Paul mentioned on the phone something about it having 14k on the clock :D

There is a good forum contingent north of the border and many of them are quite keen at spotting good Corrado's for sale! There are also a few nice ones up for sale in the For Sale section at the moment - but obviously a lot of them are based right down in England so unless you are prepared to REALLY travel they might not be too suitable :(

yip more than likely would have been Skid's though its on 40k-ish rather than 14k :wink:

and funnily enough there is a Pearlescent blue 72k 93 VR6 for sale about 10-15miles from me :wink: ...............i'll easily investigate it more closely :wink:

Just to let you know we will HAVE the 16inch Comp2 in Silver 5 x 100 for VR6 owners available shortly

They are on order at Speedline UK

Cheers

Paul

My preeccccious... though they've just lost favour with me as I just put my back out moving them into the garage. I rarely observe 'safe lifting' procedure and its paid me back! Was just about to start washing the sodding car as well... i'm in reeeeal pain at the minute :|

Anyway here are some pics..

I dunno.. to be honest i'd say that they are ok but it does accentuate the 'tall' suspension on the Corrado and might look a bit funny.