Sign in to follow this  
Tekara

Fuel Cats ??

Got told about Fuel Cats a few days ago, just been onto a site and read up on them. Seem a good idea but another got any first hand experience with them, wore adding to a VR6 ? or are they intended for really old vehicles

http://www.fuelcat.co.uk

Had one fitted to my 16v, and it seamed to have improved things(oktane) but i,v discovered that my fuel pipe going to meetering head was blocked by sillicone that came from the cat. I had it removed since

Hi, Sambo glad to see you have found your way onto here. People tend to be very knowledgable, helpful and genuine on here. I'm sure you'll like it. Sad to see the CGTI post.

Dont know about that thing but I have one of these in my Mk2 16v Golf and it has helped when running on 95 octane petrol.

It used to pink a bit when under load and running 95RON. I Used to run it on 97 and the car was much more responsive and no annoying pinking. Then had to revert back to 95 (the garage stopped selling 97) and the car, while still performing fine at top end was a tad unresponsive low down. I then put a broquet 8 pellet bag in the tank and after a couple of tanks I noticed the car was back on form and as responsive using 95 compared to 97.

It came highly recomended from a reliable source and is used a lot in high tuned motors for that extra kick. Not an octane booster as such but it deffo made some good results in my 16v. Checked on dyno and now its pushing 145 brake compared to 141 a few months earlier with no broquet and the torque curve is slightly lower which confirmed that car is more willing to rev at low rpm which is nice.

http://www.broquet.co.uk