Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

G60Renshaw for sale?

Rather than hijack the "200BHP" thread I thought I would start a different one. Fast x said in the thread

"yes mate i saw ur car but how much u want for 6 7 8 grand???? let me know thanks philip."

I put a for sale sign in my car at Edition 38 as a bit of a joke with "offers" on it, but to be honest I would not know what, if I did get offered, I would want for it.

I am not particularly looking to sell it but I guess I would seriously consider offers over £8K, but should it be more? or less? Obviously you lot know the car and are probably the best people to ask, being so honest! :) So if someone wants it, what should I let it go for...?

At the end of the day the next phase (V6 4motion running gear) would be a major step and cost me a lot of money and time, so maybe I would be better off selling it as is...

Anyone fancy owning it? :)

Cheers

Jay

Hm.. wonder how much body parts are worth on the black market these days.

;)

Na.. but seriously this is one sweet car and surely worth around £8000! It'd be a shame to see it go, but good luck selling it!

well for a totaly straight g60 i reckon £5000 is a good if not ever so slight optimistic price.

interior i'd say add £1000 onto that price and again another £1000 for the wheels then there is the work and the fact its a complete package so i'd say its wort between £7000-£8000.....thats how much in monetery terms though...how much is it actually worth TO YOU. would £7000 cover expenses etc?

I think the interior is worth more - its, as it stands (I think) a one off on a Corrado - and we are not talking some nasty ass body kit mangled to fit onto a Nova type 'one off' here or something - Audi TT interior, fully working, climate control, Porsche electrically operated seats, fresh Porsche paint, some nice body work, Porsche rims.. surely worth £8000 - a ready to roll magazine featured show car.

yo renshaw man!!

ever since reading the feature in PVW ive fallen in love with your car! :lol:

the words "near perfect" spring to mind :wink:

your car is the shiznit man (its class)

id happily depart with 8k to buy your mint C 8)

youve got a beauty there mate :wink:

Should I sell it though, or should I keep going with it. I know the obvious answer, but genuinely could I sell it for £8000 as it is now? or should I invest the money in the 4motion stuff and keep going... I am totally up in the air at the mo.. :roll:

I kind of had no enthusiasm at Edition38, but I think that was just because I had done enough polishing for one year!

Jay

If its about the building , you may enjoy selling up and starting again and trying a different approach this time to get your enthuiasm back but tbh i think unless youve had your enjoyment outa the car id keep it.

oh also remember prices appear to be rising for all corrados.

Personally, I think you'd be insane to sell it. You've modified the exterior, interior to such a high standard - it would only be rude not to compliment it with a new lump and drivetrain.

You know it makes sense, the little voice in your earing whispering "4 motion... 4 motion..." knows it too :D

Your intentions are key here. If you were to sell the car to find you would like to build another Corrado to the same standard plus the engine and drivetrain you had planned then it would be best to see your current project through rather than start from scratch.

If you fancy a total change its unlikely that the car will repay you the additional costs of the 4wd conversion when its time to sell, so would be best sold as is.

You will however be selling a very distinctive car and as such the car will always be known as Jay Renshaw's Corrado, this can effect the price either way. The quality will never be in doubt but the new owner may never truly make it their own.

Should I sell it though, or should I keep going with it. I know the obvious answer, but genuinely could I sell it for £8000 as it is now? or should I invest the money in the 4motion stuff and keep going... I am totally up in the air at the mo.. :roll:

I kind of had no enthusiasm at Edition38, but I think that was just because I had done enough polishing for one year!

Jay

sell it geez,

8k is a tidy sum of money to start a whole new Corrado project.

or you could even buy my golf and work your magic on that :lol:

jay this is one very distinctive and unique corrado you have mate...i saw it at inters and also at edition38, can't get enough of it.

If i was you...and i was really bored of it, i'd sell it.

But if i was you..and you were thinking of buying another corrado...i'd keep it! to be honest, over the past year having mine, i've heard so many ppl regret selling their cars for silly reasons.

your car could make 8k any day of any month in the year! i'd hang on to it for a bit longer and try out that 4motion flavour!

Sanjay. 8)

If you did sell it you'd only end up with something common. Face it you don't see may C's these days and they are STILL a fantastic looking car but with old running gear.

Go for the 4 motion running gear and keep the heads turnin'

Dave

Furki,

If someone is seriously interested let me know but I am not letting it go for less than £8K.

I agree with everyone elses comments, really I should keep the car, as I know it, know everything has been replaced, upgraded etc.. and better the devil you know as they say. :)

However as OSV said, the next phase would be a major one and cost a lot more than I would ever get back, if I ever sold the car... I guess I need to decide if I am going to keep it, or build my ultimate 911 :twisted:

Jay

I have always wanted to buy a bare early 911 Turbo Body shell and build the car I want up from scratch.

Full multipoint weld in cage, 964 bumpers etc.. big RSR rear wing, whole lot painted duck egg blue, 996 interior, dash etc..and a proper 993 engine.

18" Splits and all round coilovers. :) :twisted:

Jay

I'd say if you're in a position to take on your dream project, then go for it! 8)

I think we all have a dream project car and would love to undertake the challenge of building it straight away, but until we can fund it and justify it (other priorities etc...) then we take on less expensive or time consuming projects.

If you don't feel that you want to go any further with the corrado, then don't. Thats not to say sell it, because you may not be able to move onto the next project just yet... but like I said, if you can... then I know I certainly would :mrgreen:

Personally I'd love to see you go all the way with the corrado (something sounds very wrong with that...) because with the plans you have, you'd create a C that would be near impossible to better :)

Well I don't think the GF would be to impressed if I "went all the way" with the Corrado, but I know what you mean. I think I am going to have to sit and think about my options and decide one way or the other. Whichever way I go I will try and create something worthwhile!

I love the idea of a Corrado on modern running gear linked into the modern interior, but I wonder if I am just putting off doing the Porsche! :)

Jay

Jay, if your concidering selling the Corrado then you can't be that much 'in love' with it. I'm in the same boat with my Storm. Like the car but should I sell before the miles pile on - i'm not 'attached' to the car the same way I was to my old Mk1 Golf.

If you've always wanted the 911, and who wouldn't, go for it.

p.s. Yours is at least! £8k if not more. After all, if you can advertise a Storm for £14k!, £8's a bargin for TT'd Rado.

Its worth at least £8 m8... ifI were you I'd take more time to consider your options

Its worth at least £8 m8... ifI were you I'd take more time to consider your options

I'd say its worth at LEAST £8 as well mate! ;)

I don't think you should sell it personally. But I know that feeling of "What next?" when a car is completed.

If you need to sell the car to fund a new project, then I can understand you selling it, but as mentioned already, what you've got is unique and might not be appreciated as such by the next owner.