Sign in to follow this  
skid

THE Wheel page

Just bought meself some Momo Arrows from ebay :D :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7922219723&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:UK:6

It was a bit of a impulse buy as I saw them late and don't really know what condition they're in. I'm not sure whether £300 was a good price (I guess that depends on the condition) but some others went recently for £360.

I've got a set of brand new Stilauto 'Racing' wheels that I bought a while back but haven't fitted because I was waiting to sort out the suspension at the same time. I'll probably flog them if anyones interested. (see mark16v's C on the first page of this thread if want to know what they look like)

Got the wheels now, not bad condition, some kirbing but nothing that can't be sorted.

The wheels are 17x8" ET35. How much trouble am I going to have fitting these and what's the recommended tyre size? Judging by the amount of space between the inside of the current (standard) front tyres and the shock strut I guess I'm going to have to use spacers. I'm seriously hoping that I won't have to roll the arches but I guess that depends on how much I end up lowering the car by.

I know at least a couple of you guys are using wheels this size (if not bigger), any advice would be appreciated.

17x8 - I'd go for a 215x40x17 personally.

You've got some Stil-Auto Racings? Cool.... nice wheel! Bit of a BBS RX clone..... If you were selling stil-auto Sigmas I would have bitten your hand off!

You'll be fine. Got some 215x40x17 F1s in my dining room and they appear to be only slightly wider than the standard 205s - if you've got a VR.