Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

Sticky goo

Oi, watch it. I know what your like.

Seriously tho, the previous owner decided to put sticky velcro stuff on the dash and it's left a gooey mark, what's the best way to get rid without buggering the dash plastic up?

You might want to try nail varnish remover. I'm not saying you might be that way inclined :lol: but it does work. I've not tried it on dashboards but it does work on other surfaces. Just try a small hidden area first.

for sticky stuff use wd40 or if you've got it lighter fuel

rub the wd40 in with your finger after you've sprayed it on and you'll feel the goo get softer and softer , works a treat for getting decal glue off fairings etc etc

for sticky stuff use wd40 or if you've got it lighter fuel

rub the wd40 in with your finger after you've sprayed it on and you'll feel the goo get softer and softer , works a treat for getting decal glue off fairings etc etc

I just so happen to have a big ole can of lighter fluid, so I'll give that a go tomorrow.

Thanks guys :D

Marmite should work.

*Marmite will NOT work, but I'd love to see the pictures Dinkus.

Ok, on closer inspection although it looks like sticky good, it's actually been there so friggin long that it's rock hard. I managed to scrape one patch off with my finger nail, but the rest is still there. The lighter fluid does squat on it (other than get you high). Marmite smelled better, but again the cleaning wasn't too good. Forgot to take pictures of that to VR6 :roll: :lol:

I then got distracted by actually driving it and managed to go nowhere in particular and come back an hour later :D:D

I shall give it another go with some window cleaner after lunch though.

I was going to use my green Mr. Muscle window cleaner. I know it's not as pretty as blue, but it should do the job?

AUTOGLYM leather cleaner shoud do it if not try Fast Glass and if nothing works try Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover that thing shifts more or less everything and if that dont work use petrol and a lighter :-P