i saw your advert posted for sale 2.0 16v which is £2695 ,i will

like you to do me a favour by sending me the picture via mail to see if

you have itand kindly send me the present condition and regards to the

shipping....I'll arrange for the shipping myself.i will be paying by

cashier's check.If this is alright with you,email me back immediately with

yourname,phone number and address.

Get back to me.

:lol: :roll: Moron.

Sold the car over 2 months ago too, so where has he seen an advert for it? Was in Autotrader for 2 weeks and on here :?

Erm.. The cheque will either bounce (costing you £10) or you'll get arrested for selling something you don't have any more...

a friend of mine just stuck her car on autotrader and has had 3 simular emails, but most with things like "i'm interesting in the 'auto' you have for sale" substitute 'auto' for 'car' or 'item' otherwise the rest of the email is exactly like yours andy. she got excited about how many people were interested until i pointed out that A) it was basically the same email 3 times and B) its quite obviously a scam. I tried to convince her to email back with a 'shipping quote' including enough bubble wrap for the entire car but she wouldnt play :(

chrishill, this sort of thing does seem to be happening more and more. How could anyone fall for this though? Surely no one would let their car go without the monies clearing first?! Or is he gonna try and nick it?

dr_mat, I wasn't thinking of actually doing that for a moment, although it would be good to try and 'disuade' him from trying to rip people off somehow. Doubt very much that the police would take any sort of interest :?

dr_mat, I wasn't thinking of actually doing that for a moment, although it would be good to try and 'disuade' him from trying to rip people off somehow. Doubt very much that the police would take any sort of interest :?

they would if you were 4mph over the speed limit on the way to the bank to cash his chq tho :roll: :-P :-P :-P

Oooh oooh.. keep him going and tell him you have a fantastic Lada Riva available for the same kind of money and see if he is interested :)