Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

My C Beeps at me round Corners

OK - this may sound like i am mad... but...

if i am going round a tight roundabout - and really put my foot down so the backend begin to slides just a little - then i get a double beep electronic noise from the car!

Anyone else have this? At first i thought it was the stereo or something - my other idea is that it may be the alarm saying the car is being tilted or something - any comments / ideas are welcome - just wanna get to the bottom of this mystery :)

At first i thought i imagined it - but i've heard it about 4/5 times now.

There's nothing that would do that as part of the C, so I would guess it's probably you're alarm saying the car has been tilted. Try it out... tilt the car when it's stationary and see if it beeps then?

Sounds like the classic low oil pressure warning to me!!! does the oil light lash on the dash??? my golf only used to do it on sharp right handers and giving it some gas!!! If it is this I would replace the oil pump quickly as low oil preessure aint good !!!get an oil pressure gauge it is a good investment just to make sure of it but I would put my money on that being the oil pump on it's way out!!!

In a similar topic, anyone had the cars overheating warning experience yet? I hear the dash lights up red and warnings sound when the water temperature gets to a level that its not too happy about?

dunno about that one jim as I ve never been in the red of the water temps!!! :D Actually yes In have in the gti when the water pump went bang dont recall any warning sounds just the water light started flashing

yep jim mine overheated a while back when tinkering :oops: no sounder though, just the little blinking light which should flash on pre ignition as test.... have had the oil pressure one on my old scirroco too when on round abouts.

Might well be the oil pump on its last legs, and it's not a good idea to ignore the possibility.

But the same thing was happening to me (and a few other people I've since noticed) and it was the white oil pressure switch on top of the oil filter/pump thing behind the radiator.

Couple of quid for a newie, and there were no more alarming alarms from mine round the twisty stuff.

the beeping thing could just be low oil, mines got a little leak which gets worse when the oils at the max level so i tend to keep it fairly low and i know when it needs another bottle tipping in because it starts to beep when i give it some stick round a roundabout!

In a similar topic, anyone had the cars overheating warning experience yet? I hear the dash lights up red and warnings sound when the water temperature gets to a level that its not too happy about?

No sounder for over temp (and mine's been off the top of the gauge! :oops: ) just the little red light and that's it...

The beeping DEFINATELY sounds like the low oil pressure warning as everyone else (except Dinkus :roll: ) has said above...

I have had this buzzing problem with many vw cars and its always been due to low oil levels.

The buzzer comes on when you corner sharply because the oil has surged away from the oil pressure sensor.

All my cars have pissed oil out at some point so I have had lots of experience with this :lol: :lol:

Yeah it is low oil pressure. As said above. This happened to me about 1 month after I got my C. It turned out that the dipstick tube had the top broken off and so I was getting a false reading on the dip stick. It turned out that the car only had about 2 lites of oil in it ( It is meant to have 4)

I am sure glad I took my dads car round Silverstone and not the C:)

Now I only feed my car the best oil and it is topped up regularly :).

G

Oh dear - i'll check the oil level today - oil has been changed quite recently so sounds like its the oil pump or an oil leak - thanks guys - i am glad i asked now as from what is said here it could be serious! :shock:

Any ideas how much would it cost for a new oil pump?

The beeping DEFINATELY sounds like the low oil pressure warning as everyone else (except Dinkus :roll: ) has said above...

:oops:

Cheers Rack - i think you are right - i havent checked the oil level for a while so im hoping thats it :|

Im getting more and more eager sat here at work - tempted to just run outside n have a quick look :lol:

dinkus, Sorry mate, you were an easy target! ;) :lol:

Any ideas how much would it cost for a new oil pump?

£46.95 from Eurocarparts... 8)

Total job should cost you less than £100 if you do it yourself (look in your other thread for details... 8) )

I am SO glad i posted this question here! When i went to check the engine oil the dip stick was almost totally dry - i ended up adding about another 2 litres of engine oil before the level returned to something sensible! :cry:

I'll monitor it for the next few days to see if there's a major leak somewhere - surprising that i lost all that oil without the oil light coming on - thankfully i drove a bit too fast round a few roundabouts then came here n posted my comment

Thanks guys - another success story thanks to the forum id say! :mrgreen:

dinkus, Sorry mate, you were an easy target! ;) :lol:

No worries, I give as good as I get (ooh err) :lol:

surprising that i lost all that oil without the oil light coming on

The light is probaly broken, 2 Litres is a hell of a lot, half the capacity of a 4 cyl... hope the big ends survive!

oil light will only come on if there is low pressure... low oil level will not cause the light to come on...

The light probably DID come on while you were hammering it around the roundabout, but the buzzer will stay on longer than the light, so you probably didn't notice the light being on... If it comes on when you first turn the ignition on, and then goes out, it's almost certainly working properly... 8)

I suspected the light - but checked and it does come on when u first start the ignition - yes it probably lit up round the roundabouts :oops:

Lesson learnt is keep an eye on the fuel level - i used to do this when i lived with my parents and they had a drive - little less willing to do this now as i park the car on a main road in teh ghetto that is ilford / dangeham!

Had buzzer come on on a Mk 3 golf years ago. full of oil. Turned out to be the oil pump inlet strainer getting clogged up. Regular oil changes helped. Don't know if Corrado has strainers. :?: