Sign in to follow this  
fernsie

my '94 VR6

Well, after a fair few month of ownership i've decided I really should pay attenting to the Corrado forums.

I love my car to bits, but its suffering from the usual Corrado problems.

Anyway, heres a wee picture of my car.

pics thumbnailed-vr6storm

And just because I love my car so much, I got some artwork comissioned of it :-)

i think there is a slight camber issue you need to address in that bottom sketch :lol:

nice car,

whats the vital stats... mileage, leather, mods etc

oh and welcome...were a mixed bunch but reasonably harmless :roll:

shouldn't that be mostly harmless, Jedi? ;) :lol:

Welcome to The Forum fernsie, nice looking VR you have there... very straight... 8)

Hello and Welcome. Nnnnniiiiiice black VR6 mate, appears to be in good condition. is it? how much did she cost u? i want one now!!!! 1 :lol:

Car is just a nice plain VR6 ... cost me £5000 a few months ago. Bargin I think! And it was quite local too :)

Black Cloth interior ... I intend to use the car on track, so chose this by preference, as the leather can be a little slidey in the corners.

Engine wise its completely standard, although I do have a nice big cone to fit on, as i've heard it makes the car sound amazing.

It did come with a Remus exhaust though, which is a decent peice of kit and sounds great when warmed up as well.

The car won't be modified for a while ... basically gotta sort out all the lil faults ... rattles, door handle, sunroof etc ... oh and a split Oil Breather hose, which I just found today :( So expect me to picking your brains in the other forum sections, although I guess I will find the answers in there all ready, as everyone has had the same problems at some time from what I can establish

Check out those Speedlines! Very clean, as is the rest of the car.

Cone filter.....hmmm. You'll like it for 5 minutes and then you'll get a BMC carbon CDA or revert back to the standard box!

Don't get me wrong, the VR can sound pretty cool when the induction is toyed with, but it gets very tiring on long journeys!

Pick our brains away.... we're here to help.

Spend a bit of time ironing out any niggles and if the car has exceeded 100K, your first port of call should be a chassis bush refresh. Then you can address the VR6's silly ride height with some rather nice Koni dampers and H&R springs and finished off with the super effective Neuspeed rear anti-roll bar :D

The car had only done 63000 miles when I bought it ... unfortunately i started dating a girl on the other side of the country from me and now do a regular Glasgow to Edinburgh trip every other week and have also driven the car extensively for pleasure and its now up to 73000 miles ... loved just about everyone of them though

I hate to say it as well, but the car doesnt get looked after as much as it should either ... I just dont have the time to wash it and polish it as much as I would like to ... but it does clean up well.

As for the ride height ... I did plan to get this sorted. But the addition of a new female friend living so far away kinda stuffed those plans. And the odd unaccounted for fault ... radiator replacement. water pump replacement :( And I wish I had had the spare 100 quid, as when the water pump was replaced, that would have been an ideal time to do the engine mounts. But alas, they looked ok. Lets hope they last until I can afford to replace them.

Next on the list for me is some new front brake disks and pads and getting my tracking done.

Hi Joe ... I have my name down for the track night ... I can't afford it right now though, but rest assured i'm looking down the back of every couch to see if I can make it.

Have a funny feeling you're wee beastie will be a tad quicker round the track then me though 8)

That looks very much like the part Joe ... looks like i'll be heading to the FORD garage round the corner :)

I also heard the the wee pipe that comes out the top of the VR radiator can be replaced with the part from a Galaxy as well. Not sure if that true though, but I need that part as well at some point, as mine if a bit nackerted, but holding for now