Sign in to follow this  
tunerdan

Corrado Lambo Doors, Vertical Doors

Hey, i want to put lambo doors on my corrado. Anyone done it? Looks sweet on a corrado in my opinion as it kind of looks like a Lamborghini (use your imagination :))

Checked out http://www.LamboDoors.com They have a sweet Lambo Suicide Kit for $49.99. Just placed an order, waiting for it to arrive... i cant wait!!!!

celica4.jpg

Sounds interesting.

Not prepared to comment much more than that :)

A kit for around £30? Can't imagine what that would be! I'd be expecting a pamphlet to turn up for that kind of money!

Welcome to the forum though.

i think for that £30 u get a piece of paper telling u what u need to buy to do the conversion and what it entails

6 Panel Pine door for £30 at B&Q :lol:

OAP'S get 10% off on weds mornings too :lol: wheres my grandad on weds mornings LOL

watched an episode of 'pimp my ride' the other day where they used a lambo door kit and all the bolts that came with the kit snapped when they hung the door! this was on a 5 door civic, so ferk knows what'd happen with the doors off a C!

i'm pretty sure the brackets, bolts and instructions would mount to more than £200 alone..the brackets are solid though and i suppose the bolts have to be heat treated or something to make them solid.

It won't work on a Corrado as the doors close 'into' the A-B frame. The doors would need to come out aswell as up and then down and back in, plus the door catches would need turning through 90 degrees. There's no way that amount of work/technology would cost £40 or whatever. Apart from the vertical latching issue, Pillar-less convertible doors (as advertised) are easier and a simple vertical hinge and gas strut arrangement could be used.

You'd have to do it Gullwing style with a suitably braced roof and that *has* been done on a Corrado, and also a few MK2s.

ITs an American company, but can you guess which UK car is listed in the Gallery? :evil:

They talk about the doors as coming from the kit car industry, I bet this guy is a Chav from Birmingham, the spiritual home of the UK kit car industry :wink: (BY the way I am hoping to build a GD in the future)

Aye...

Gullwings on a Corrado look feckin brilliant..... There was a black euro Corrado with cream leather, Gull wings, 993 rims etc in a mag a few years back and it was jaw droppingly good :lol:

Only snag is you lose the sunroof obviously and you have to have some substantial bracing on the sills, so you end up with about a 1/4 of the door height being lost. Still looks damn sexy tho!

I've just had a look at the site.... :lol:

What a load of w@nk... the Corrado doors are really heavy too.

Does anyone know where I can get any made to measure Venitian Blinds for my car??

Now why the fcuk would you want venetian blinds in your car? Surely roller blinds would look better and they're cheaper?

I hear B&Q now do roller blinds with your favourite Bat Man graphics on them.

Just bought some tungsten tipped screws....

Never gonna use 'em. Never gonna use 'em.

you should use no nails mate :lol:

if you want lambo doors then..............BUY A PROPER LAMBO!!! :-P

EASIER SAID THAN DONE :p

aye :-P but looks better :D

well it wouldnt look good with corrado door on it would it :p

maybe if they were storm doors :lol: :lol:

seen a bmw, done looks impressive coz the coupe 3 series e-36 i think dont have the top parts of the doors to hold the windows so it looks neat

anyone ever seen a koeninsegg cc their doors are class push out that upwards sexy or wat

It won't work on a Corrado as the doors close 'into' the A-B frame. The doors would need to come out aswell as up and then down and back in, plus the door catches would need turning through 90 degrees. There's no way that amount of work/technology would cost £40 or whatever. Apart from the vertical latching issue, Pillar-less convertible doors (as advertised) are easier and a simple vertical hinge and gas strut arrangement could be used.

Not that I bought the magazine or anything - but a month or 2 ago one of the boy racer mags did a step by step guide to fitting lambo doors. (step by step - not DIY!)

Prices did come out at well over £1200 largely dueto the amount of fettling, welding & paintwork required.

The hinges do indeed open outwards for the first couple of inches (ie latches remain operative) then the door swings up on the monsterous hinges. They also have dirty great big gas struts for supporting the weight.

When closed, the hinges fold back down and into slots inside the wings.

IMHO they look pretty nasty - but you've got to admire the work that goes into them.

PS Gullwing MK2s are ace ..... !

£30.00 is purely for the instructions on how to do the conversion, Parts are a seperarte buy, says so on the website, also states that some doors will have to come out to the side before lifting vertically, sounds quite cool but the fittings needed for the C doors will cost a bomb, they are bloody heavy as any one who has changed/re-fiitted a door will agree. Besides you'll be buggered if you park in some of these new multi story car parks with quite low ceilings!

Kind of reminds me of when Richard Hammond and James May took the p**s out of Jezza and his "on order" Ford GT-40, getting in and out in a car park would be murder! Different type of doors I know but the thread just reminded me of it anyway :)