Sign in to follow this  
marcus

Ordered milltek 2day-JMR

Spoke to john today and purchased a de-cat and system from JMR. U guys advised me about 3 weeks ago on exhausts and i must say he was very helpful and keen. so thanks for your reccommendations chaps. hope to have it fitted within a week, i'll let u know how i find it.

To make it even better you should make the short journey to Rustington and have the system fitted by the MASTER himself

Yep cheers G-master. did look into magnex like u said, but JMR offered a SUPERB DEAL that magnex was no where near matching.

665 I think the journey for me is 1hr 30+............ for an exhaust fitting. :? He has been the master so far though.

Wil need all your same good advice and experience for discs and pada soon. be prepared.

Agreed, I bought my Milltek from John Mitchell aswell and received nothing but excellent service.

Milltek products are very good too. Made from 304 non-magnetised air craft grade stainless steel throughout. In english that means the steel won't discolour like lesser systems and will last significantly longer than 'regular' stainless.

Also worthy of note, Milltek systems are *substantially* lighter than the VW hybrid aluminised steel/Stainless systems.

In english that means the steel won't discolour like lesser systems

have to disagree with this comment as both of the milltek systems i had/have have both discolured even right back to the tailpipe trims.

Agreed, I bought my Milltek from John Mitchell aswell and received nothing but excellent service.

Milltek products are very good too. Made from 304 non-magnetised air craft grade stainless steel throughout. In english that means the steel won't discolour like lesser systems and will last significantly longer than 'regular' stainless.

Also worthy of note, Milltek systems are *substantially* lighter than the VW hybrid aluminised steel/Stainless systems.

Milltek products do have a ood reputation dont get me wrong but --Made from 304 non-magnetised air craft grade stainless steel throughout...maybe so but their sh1t no 2 ways abt it mine snapped it half at the welds after 10 months thats abt 9-10k miles....Lets hope aircrafts are not made of similiar materials....

Discolours all the way throughtout ..................

Ur systems are fairly new wait a few months and see all the knocking and banging will be more tunes to listen to...this normally happens when the mounts start stretching. Hopefully u VR6 guys wont have this trouble.

Also hope u guys got it fitted PROPERLY because they do seem to be a dog to fit them right its really not as simple has whacking it on...When i had mine done i had to take it back and get it done again coz it was tooooo loud for some reason..

Although im sure John Mitchell knows what hes doing and u guys wont have these worries,,

Ohh well hope u guys systems are ok and not been off the road like me waiting for Milltek to make me another system... Their customer service btw is excellent...nice ppl lets hope this time all is well :?

Hmmmm, that doesn't sound good Furki.

The trouble with stainless is it's a harder metal than mild steel and is therefore boomy by nature, but modern SS systems should not be excessively noisy like Scorpion systems. It's also less tolerant of excessive movement when hot than mild steel.

At the end of the day, no system will ever match OE or SuperSprint for fitment precision but as far as I'm concerned Milltek offer a good product for the money. A SuperSprint costs £426+VAT for a VR cat back :shock: But then again, when you see it, you know why.

And also on the subject of boom, don't forget Milltek delete the expansion box in their systems, which is largely responsible for the boom but most people I've spoken to that have a Milltek are very happy with them and don't have excessive noise issues.

As for the discolouring thing, that was taken from their site, LOL! So have your systems gone brown and manky already then?

K

Hmmmm, that doesn't sound good Furki.

As for the discolouring thing, that was taken from their site, LOL! So have your systems gone brown and manky already then?

K

Give it a few weeks or month depending on mileage

Strongly recommend get it re-fitted...does it goo all boomy after abt 4k rpm,,,,prob diff on urs being a vr6 and not a G60??????? this what happened to mine took it back got the installer to refit the whole thing again coz i wasnt happy...he played with it and played a bit more and it was fine for good 10 months than fell apart :mad:

FurkiG60, well there is a lifetime warrenty so you can just get a new one surely.

im happy with the sound of my milltek....nice burble at idle (as an aftermarket exhaust should do IMHO) and then silent when you put power through it!

jedi-knight83, I am getting a new one,,, they are making me one specially coz im so p1ssed off,,, but i would never thought this would happen on such a popular and raved abt system for the corrado

Like i said Milltek's cust serv is excellent regarding matters like these,, has i found out today and Awesome Gti's (where i got my Milltek from)

edited for spelling soz

mine discoloured very shortly after fitting....not that im botherd just letting you know that they do discolour..

furkan actually dropped into the workshop today with his exhaust and i took a look and where it broken is a very odd place tbh. i has gone right on the edge of the weld maybee a welding gas problem ?? very strange but will confirm that phill millington was extra helpfull in sorting his problems out and getting him a new centre box section asap... top marks for there customer service.

edit spelling

Jedi, What is so special about a SuperSprint? Mate, see one in the flesh and your question will be answered, simple as that.

There is no better, but you pay dearly for it. No SS system leaves the factory unless it's *proven* to fit properly and meet it's power claims.

As for Milltek, agreed on their service. They take any grievances *very* seriously and would rather sort a customer's issues than see them go to a competitor. That alone counts for a lot these days. A lot of exhaust companies will tell you to lump it or give you a refund, but Milltek prefer the personal approach and that gets top marks in my book.

Furki, no mate, the VR system is dead quite from 3000rpm onwards on my VR system.

Furki, no mate, the VR system is dead quite from 3000rpm onwards on my VR system

boom is under 3k rpm ???

new prob,,,,ill add that to my encyclopaedia of Milltek's issues and stored for further threads :wink:

Mine boooms bigtime now its in half the chavs are loving it they think im one of them now :cry: gimme a week ehh i'll sort that out

I don't want this to turn into a Milltek bashing session. For the time being, let's assume any issues are isolated cases.

At the end of the day, if Milltek can't satisfy our demands, we will go elsewhere, simple as that..... but I am willing to give them a chance to put right any issues based on the unequovical evidence put to them.

It was a very close call for me between a Milltek and a Magnex. Both very similar systems. I looked and listened to both on VRs and was impressed.

My Magnex is louder than the OEM system below 3,000. Not particularly boomy though, just a nice warble. Strangely, this is louder on a part-throttle through 2-2,500 revs than it is if you floor it. Once up above 3,000, the exhaust is no louder than the OEM system.

Fit of the Magnex is also spot on.

Crickey i started an emotional debate there for u guys, always good to hear varied opinions. End of the day i payed less than 320.00 for the system (delivered) which no other manufacturer could match and im confident its going to be excellent value for money because im not willing to test a 500.00 system cos its everyone to their own- i am kind of hoping its not excessively loud though. like i said, once fitted i'll get back to you.

thanks

marcus, the Milltek is generally not a loud system on the VR6. I've heard it on two Milltek's on VRs and these and it sounded really good; nice and subtle. Not sure what it sounds like on a G60 though but keep us posted. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

This is an interesting thread, because come OEM exhaust disintegration day I was thinking of going for the Milltek. Opinions seem to be very divided between the Magnex and Milltek though.

If the Milltek is much cheaper and they have the superb customer service that it sounds like, then I know which one I'll be going with.