Sign in to follow this  
marcus

Ordered milltek 2day-JMR

i strapped a miltek on my valver last week, as well as a TSR four branch.... at idle it burbles nicely, but when accellerating or under load it booms - I had no issues fitting it, and therefore assume the booming is due to the four branch not the system, besides that well happy with.

I've just had a Milltek system fitted to my G60 and I'm very pleased with it. :D

It sounds pretty beefy on tickover but is very quite under exceleration etc. I had it profesionally fitted and the garage said it was well made and very straight forward to fit. It's early days yet as the system has only been on for a couple of days now but all the signs are good. However if anything does go wrong I'll let you know.

JMR are extremely nice to deal with and I have no problem reccomending them to anyone. (and I already have)

Just a note for further reference...

304 grade (aka Food Grade) stainless steel is the most common grade available these days & will discolour outdoor.

The premiun stainless steel to look out for is 316 grade...

:oops:

Magnex exhausts are 304 grade,. dont know what milltek are.

Look forward to hearing a milltek VR, since haveing my magnex fitted last year sometime i been well pleased with it, perfect fit, still looks like new and only a bit louder then original if that.

Just a note for further reference...

304 grade (aka Food Grade) stainless steel is the most common grade available these days & will discolour outdoor.

Mmm bacon n eggs on your exhaust! :lol:

Interesting discussion. I'm kinda glad I opted to stick with the VW exhaust now - I think I would have been one of the dissenters saying the SS pipe was too noisy. (I spoke to one or two people who had had a SS removed to refit a VW one and judging by the above I think I agree with their motives.)

Amazing, I don't often feel like I made the right decision with this car! :)

I think that I'll probably stick with the standard exhaust too. My VAG one has lasted 10yrs so far, so that's good enough for me. The only thing I do like about the SS exhausts is the nicer end pipe, but that can be bought on it's own.

not like dinkus would have a prob :mrgreen: but the lowered cars suffer awful bump noise with std exhausts,,,once i lowered mine it jus bumped all the time my main motive for a SS.........i actually liked the style of the OE exhaust though but milltek makes the G60's flow so much more

not like dinkus would have a prob :mrgreen: but the lowered cars suffer awful bump noise with std exhausts,,,once i lowered mine it jus bumped all the time my main motive for a SS.........i actually liked the style of the OE exhaust though but milltek makes the G60's flow so much more

Just cos the back of the car is way up in the air don't mean the exhuast is any nearer to the axle tho ;)

I really like the noise on the VR exhaust as it is... it's pretty much silent and makes just the right amount of noise when you give it some stick. If you want to listen to it you turn the stereo off, if you don't you can put some music on and be none the wiser 8)

HAD IT FITTED TODAY EVERYONE... said i'd let u know how it went!!!!

fitting took bout 1hour, nice snug fit, only had problem with screw in sensor at front of de-cat pipe (they made it bout 1" too far to the right). Its not at all too loud at all, my acceleration is great all the way through it looks and sounds superb. just as id hoped... Thanks to all u guys who reccommended milltek and JMR. :D

not like dinkus would have a prob but the lowered cars suffer awful bump noise with std exhausts,,,once i lowered mine it jus bumped all the time my main motive for a SS.........i actually liked the style of the OE exhaust though but milltek makes the G60's flow so much more

Just checking, how low before you get the bump noise. Mines lowered on Koni T/As and eibach springs - about 35mm. Considering the original zorst - will I get a bumping ex?

Alrite Dan. My milltek is very good, fits snuggly and looks decent. Its not too loud imo and nowhere near chav pitch. (i find it just sporty sounding enough) but its certainly not silent and discreet when u floor it. thats as honest as description i can give dan. Also if u do go 4 it thenlet me know and i can reccommend the garage and bloke that fitted mine, only in tadley.

Think I'm going to go for it. Just need a few questions answering 1st

My cars in my garage at the mo, with my exhuast half off. I'll be getting it done closer to home mate, but thanks all the same!