Sign in to follow this  
dazzyvr6

electric windows

had a problem with my passenger side window,travelling back from the all types show it just started going up and down by itself,i thought i picked up the castles ghost,it was well weired up and down,first it would open about an inch then go back up then back down,anyone ever had that happen to there windows??

Hi mate

I have never had it happen to me but I have seen it on Fords mainly, was it raining by any chance or had it been raining hard prior to the window having a mind of its own?

You could always take the door card off and see if the connection is wet, also if you havent got the plastic sheeting between your door and card you could alwayd fold a bin liner up and silicone to the inside of the door. To buy the new sheeting from VW will cost you a small fortine. Also pop out the electric switch that controls the window and make sure the connection is good as if its loose it could cause the window to confuse itself.

Try that!

A cheap alternative to the normal veedub membrane is some stuff called visqueen (sp?).

Does the same job.

VW don't make prefabricated membranes any more, instead you get this huge sheet of water proof grey foam that you have to cut to size and bond to the door. It's actually quite good if you've got the patience.

Kev

94 VR6