Sign in to follow this  
Graham_E

nuespeed arb's quick question??

-1.2 is standard VR6 neg camber, so you've not gone mega wild if set to - 1.5 -1.7 is pretty wild tho!

I might have a play with mine. Mine are currently set to 0.75 negative and 0 degrees toe - for tyre conservation. Wouldn't mind a touch of toe out for better straight line stability.

How does it feel on the road? Any better?

Just checked, its at -1.5 Not too wild but considering the roll on standard shocks and the camber at 1.2, 1.5 with lowered uprated suspension and uprated arb's should be superb.

Straight line stability doesnt feel too much different at first, until I hit the accelerator, then the car just goes dead straight. In corners as well it feels a lot more stable with the foot down, a lot of this is down to the diff but theres a definate improvement with the new settings.

The tyre wear issue comes more from the scrubbing with the toe out I reckon, if you drive enthusiastically then chances are your tyres are wearing the outer edge a bit more than the inner edge anyway, so the camber will help compensate. Thats what im hoping for anyway.

Anyone got a link to somewhere that sells neuspeed rear ARBs? What are the benefits to doing the front as well as the back? I don't want the car to be too harsh for everyday use, but if it's worth doing then i'll go with the Eibach set :?

So you need to buy anything else to fit a rear ARB + a new set of shocks + springs? Or is it all included? Do i need to buy any new bushes etc?

C&R Enterprises also sell the Neuspeed bars. Just stick Awesome GTI and C&R into a UK Google search and both will come up. They are the main UK importers of Neuspeed kit.

If ride quality is your primary concern, don't use ARBs at all. Be under no illusion, both the Ibax and the Nspeeds will have a detrimental affect on bump absorbtion, but the Ibax to a lesser degree as they are smaller in diameter than the Nspeeds.

The effect they have on the ride is a personal thing. With both bars on I found the car to be too fidgety and mid corner bumps were not absorbed particularly well, causing the car to bump steer. The Standard 20mm VR6 one is plenty with uprated shocks and springs. The Neuspeed rear on it's own just polishes everything nicely and doesn't affect the ride at all but you'll notice it's effect instantly.

As for other stuff, depends on their current condition. If the rear dampers are worn, get those done first, same with axle bushes and top mounts. They don't come with the ARB.

Just checked, its at -1.5 Not too wild but considering the roll on standard shocks and the camber at 1.2, 1.5 with lowered uprated suspension and uprated arb's should be superb.

Just realised I read the sheet wrong, its -1degree 42minutes so my cambers set about -1.7 degrees if ive got this right.

im trying to sort the handling on my C, ive got coilovers already and have just order a dubweiser rear brace. but the road round here are a bit bumpy, so should i go for just the rear nuspeed with standard front ARB or the front & rear Eibach set up?

Tried both and my preference is just an uprated ARB on the back and standard at the front.

I find that if you fit an uprated ARB at the front aswell, the car feels understeery.

kevHaywire, so what do you thinks best to put on the rear the eibach or the nuspeed? how much are they and can you buy the eibach rear ARB on its own?

Can't get the Eibach on it's own so you'd need the Neuspeed. I think H&R might sell them singely too but they're a copy of Eibachs from what I've seen of them.

The Neuspeed is the one to get, rose jointed and uses proper clamps to attach it to the axle instead of stainless bands. Ring Awesome, they're Neuspeed importers. Think the rear is about £150ish.

I run Neuspeed 25 front and 28 rear on the Golf, they are an excellent piece of kit, well worth the money, roesjointed fronts and good solid rear linkage/ adjuster. Wouldn`t fancy fitting the front one again though, it was a swine to get on!.

25 front!!! Jesus you must like understeer :-)

I had that setup on my Rado and took the front straight off again, it was horrid. I prefer oversteer ;-)

Doesn`t understeer at all, was getting quite a bit of provoked oversteer on the trackday I did after fitting them until I completely lost the back end and span it into the gravel trap, calmed down a bit after that..

Last outing at Donnington it handled like a dream, using my road coilover settings (just off fully soft), no complaints. It is a bit of a handfull on really rough roads though.

Well got 25mm front and rear Neuspeed and cant complain all nicely balanced to be fair but a nightmare when it gets all bumpy.

Ive changed my suspension setup recently with Koni TAs and H&R spring and am looking to build on it further. After Reading this thread Ill probably go for a Neuspeed rear with standard front with polys. My question is though ,my cars done just over 125k now and was wondering would there be any benefit buying a new oe front arb? Do they last forever or weaken with age? I will change the axle bushes also with standard items.

I've never known a standard front ARB to need replacing unless it was bent in accident. You should be OK, but if you do want to replace it, they're not much, about £50 IIRC.