Sign in to follow this  
AdamB

Just collected my new C

The day has finally arrived, and I went off to collect my Corrado Storm this morning. Other than the electric mirrors not working (is this a common fault?) it is as sweet as a nut, and I was wholly impressed by the performance of it! Got it back home and spent a few happy hours valeting the interior - just need to find some "new leather" fragrance :D will save the exterior for a better day. What an awesome machine, I cant stop grinning to myself- is this the sane action of a 31 year old man?

Congratulations, what a great choice! 8) What colour is it?

I'm not sure about the electric mirrors not working, could be a loose connection though. My electric mirrors work it's just the heating elements on both of them that don't work. :roll:

What an awesome machine, I cant stop grinning to myself- is this the sane action of a 31 year old man?

Yep it sure is, I'm the same and I'm 30, owned mine for almost a year and love it to bits. :D

Congrats, its a great feeling Corrado ownership. Cant wait till i get a new one

Ive heard a few mentions of door mirror problems, seems to be rusted contacts.

Im sure one of the more experienced owners will answer it in more details.

wellcome mate, im 34 had my corrado 4 months bloody lovely car. hope you continue 2 really enjoy the car, i do :D

Cheers for the input guys - I used to be an electronics engineer, so shouldnt have too many problems fixing it, but not so keen on ripping panels off!

Dave - She's Mystic blue, a few stone chips on the bonnet, but thats to be expected. I might look into a respray for it.

It's certainly a different drive from my mk1 Cab, I think I'm going to enjoy this!

Liquid Leather? sounds like a sex aid! Hmmmmmm :evil:

Where can I get some?

Yeah, the feeling doesn't wear off much either if you've got it THAT bad. Just ask JimG60 and meself ;) I'm on my third in 8 years.

Stick an chamois leather in the glove box, or keep a leather-jacket in the car, that helps diffuse a nice leathery smell :wink:

My drivers-side electric mirror has intermittent problems, but its at the interior switch end of things. Maybe the first port of call for problem solving.

CheersMatt, will start there. Do the doors panels just pop off, like on the Golf? I'd quite happily rip the interior apart on the Cabrio to fix things, but this seems a little more sturdy, and I dont want to end up breaking things.

Do the doors panels just pop off, like on the Golf?

In principle yes, but a few things like door handle and such like need to be removed first. A few things also now have wires attached :lol: , but they should have connectors which you can undo.

Tempest

Sounds good :)

I still find myself looking back at the car as I walk away and I've had it nearly two years now! Can't imagine that 'new' feeling all over again.

If both mirrors won't adjust, it could just be the connector that comes into the switch on the driver side grab handle. Should be an easy enough fix whatever it is though.

Let's see some pics in the galley :)

Just got back from a night drive ,and have also found the MFA back light is not working either. Not bad really, just the 2 minor problems to fix, and she'll be good as new!

There are already some pics floating around this site somewhere. Its the Storm that was for sale near Aberdeen at £9.5K, - needless to say, I didn't pay that much!!

Yeah, the feeling doesn't wear off much either if you've got it THAT bad. Just ask JimG60 and meself ;) I'm on my third in 8 years.

Amen.

I just can't pin down what it is about the Corrado that keeps you wanting more. Even now I ALWAYS look back at my car when walking away from car parks to remind myself what a cool car it is.. I don't think I ever just lock the car and wonder off.

Once bitten, forever smitten :)

first thing to check on the mirrors could just be the fuse, or the plug on the back of the mirror adjuster switch the plug was disconnected on my c when i bought it as its quite a loose connection 8)

check the side of the door panel it is screwed and the panel lifts up and out 8) , oh and i think theres a screw inside the speaker pod(just take the cover off), i havent got my car at the mo so i cant be more precise :(

Cheers for the info Guys.

SHould be a lot turn out for Newark, Marcus. Have to take you out in the Storm - really get the Corrado bug going in you!

you shouldnt need to take the door panel off to get the switch out it should just pull out :|

Yup - just prise the cover off and undo the two screws.

Just fixed the electric mirrors - just took the switch out, as someone said. It turned out that the switch was not working, so I took it apart, cleaned all the contacts, and tested it. Works fine now.

Had the Instrument pod out too, to check out why the MFA was not lighting up - are the bulbs a dealer only purchase? or can I get them at any car accessory shop?

Something about 'raddo's for those of us over 30 i think; mine still has the grin factor after 2 years...

I think that has to be a VW trait - I still get a buzz when I take my Mk1 Cabriolet out - its a real head turner.