Sign in to follow this  
julesz

Vr6 Question

Hi there. Been to look at a VR6 at the weekend and have a small question for you VR6 people. On the left hand side of the engine (looking from the front) next to the airbox, is a metal thingermy bob with an adjuster screw in it... anyone know what this is from my expert technical description :oops: , as it was missing from this car.... If someone puts up a close up photo i could point it out,,, cheers

Borrowed a pic from a post by 'licklepulie' (cheers mate), i have put a red circle round the bit in question. It looks different though. I dont see the black bit (in the small circle) at all. p.s. this is on a Golf VR6 highline, i was assuming it was the same but maybe not....

It looks like the black pipe and thing it screws onto on the metal bit is totally missing. Maybe this is not required on the golf? The hole for it to screw into is there though, and is threaded...

I have it on mine, it's also not connected to anything. I think it's the point you attach a VAG pressure gauge to when testing fuel pressure (that's the end of the injector rail).

ok, on pablo's picture that ive added a red circle to... does anyone have an empty threaded screw hole here?

Yup, everyone does - that's where you put the bolt to relieve the tension on the tensioner pulley. If there is a bolt in there then take it out because you'll have no water pump or alternator!

How does the ODB2 compare? Is it any better? Cant decide what to buy.. starting to think that Corrados are getting a bit old, however much i want another one. Highlines all seem to be well overpriced though...

Cant decide what to buy.. starting to think that Corrados are getting a bit old, however much i want another one. Highlines all seem to be well overpriced though...

Isn't that a bit of a silly question? Especially considering where you posted it ;)

Corrado alllll the way. Yes they're expensive to run, yes finding some parts can be tricky, yes they have quite a few weak spots, but dammit they're great to drive (when they work) AND they look infinitely nicer than some crappy Mk3 Golf :pukeright:

yeah, i know i know.... Just got the woman breathing down my neck saying "Why dont you get a nice new car with a smaller engine...."

If i can find a black VR6 with under 50k and leather then im sold.... :lol:

If i can find a black VR6 with under 50k and leather then im sold.... :lol:

:lol: I'm sure they exist...how many millions did you have to spend ;)