Sign in to follow this  
Corrado-VR6

Turn2 CAI

Hi all!

I ordered a CAI from turn2 eight weeks ago and still havn't recieved it, they don't often reply to emails so i have no idea of what is happening with my order, they said it was on it's way but that was two weeks ago and still no sign of it, has anyone else had this trouble with them. If i do not recieve it within the next week or so then how do I tackle this legally and what rights do I have as a consumer considering I live in the UK but ordered the item from the US?

All your help will be very appreciated as £150 is a lot of money for me to loose.

Thanks, Dan.

Do a search on here, your not the only one to have problems with them recently altho I have ordered from them before and had really fast delivery and great customer service... :?

Ive also ordered a CAI from them, ordered it on the 30th August, had an email off them that day confirming the order but nothing since. Sent a couple of emails and tried ringing but no answer as yet! Getting well brassed off!!! :x

Surely you guys have paid by credit card?

Your company will refund it if the goods have not been delivered and they won't respond.

All is not lost ;)

FYI USPS and customs are hammering a lot of parcels coming over these days. Rates have gone up as well. I actually spoke to Jim today as I've been unable to find him lately. He had some family health issues to deal with.

R

well he is obviously content to take peoples money. if it was a genuine problem he would stop taking orders.

i hate people that do this

That's true actually..... most *decent* mail order companies don't debit your card until the goods have been despatched....in fact, that should be made law.....

I bought somethin a while back from US it took a good 5 weeks for delivery, i thought he had skinned me, but after seein the postmark he did post when he said, dont know whey it took so long, sent airmail as well.

Odd that as my Turn2 front mount (which later found it's way into the Wheelie bin) took 3 days to arrive, as did my SLAG-COM cable from Ross-tech. Didn't have to pay any duty on those either as the packages were labeled as being a value less than $50. Cool.

my Turn2 front mount (which later found it's way into the Wheelie bin)

You don't rate the Turn2 mounts then Kev?

I went for the lower "hockey puck" front mount and it was OK at low revs, given there is still compliance in the cross-member bushes and upper rubber front mount, but from 4000 rpm onwards, some unpleasant harmonics were transmitted into the cabin, so off if came in favour of a Vibra mount and I haven't looked back since.

The VR is not especially refined when you thrape it past 4000, and the poly mount just made matters worse.

I do like the their CAIs though. That long pipe does wonders for torque but I don't like induction noise, so the standard box and filter are still on the engine.

ive no problems with my turn2 engine mount,and isnt 16vg60 using solid aluminium engine mounts with NO vibration at all??

People that claim poly or metal engine mounts don't increase vibration at all are either lying or playing down the extra vibration you do get.