Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

Vibrating in car

probably has been discussed here before, my 90 corrado vibrates in the cabin at about 2500-3000 RPMS, then goes away afterwards. any thoughts?

I can feel a vibration under my feet when i first pull away but only when the car has been standing for over an hour, can hear it aswell, especially first thing in the morning. Any ideas?? Thought it could be something to do with the CAT??

(CAT as in exhaust not neighbours pet)

Ok, still need more details. Is it very very fast vibration, or a slow, rhythmic pulsing? You "feel it through your feet"? You mean just through the pedals, or from the floor of the car?

Could your clutch be on the way out? Perhaps somethings leaking onto the clutch lining and it burns off during your first pull away in the AM?

Any funny smells?

Actually the last week or so i've noticed a 'fuelish' petrolly smell. The vibration only lasts for a second at the most , also noticed tonight i rolled away down a hill (when i pulled away after 2 hours) with the clutch down and it still done it? Feel it through the floor.

How long does it last?

There's the old chestnut - the ABS self test when you reach 10km/h... That can be easily felt through the pedals.

OK cheers for the help, wish i could describe the noise.......a bit like dragging a wooden chair across the floor? Jus t for a second if not less. Does either of your cars do this?

It's the ABS system doing it's self test. It opens and closes each valve in turn. You feel it through the pedals. It's perfectly normal, they all do it.

That's very reassuring. I was about to enquire on the same subject. To me it feels very similar to driving over a cattle grid for about half a second, but very much less harsh.

It's always nice to find that what seemed to be a problem is exactly the opposite !!

Best wishes

RB