daves16v

Door handle repair kit..........THEY ARE NOW AVAILABLE

Dave, received kit, very fast delivery and it's a nice piece of engineering - thanks.

I did the drivers door and it works well, hardest job was getting that roll pin out in one piece.

Have you ever come across a source of new roll pins as if I get around to doing passenger door I think I'd drill it out - if I had a replacement?

Dave, received kit, very fast delivery and it's a nice piece of engineering - thanks.

I did the drivers door and it works well, hardest job was getting that roll pin out in one piece.

Have you ever come across a source of new roll pins as if I get around to doing passenger door I think I'd drill it out - if I had a replacement?

I couldn't find a source for the roll pins but I've got some split pins at the correct diameter, let me know when you need 1 and I'll post FOC.

HI Dave,

I need a driver's side kit please. Can you PM me the payment details and I'll send my address etc?

Cheers!

Payment sent via Paypal - look forward to normal car entry once again.

Out of interest is this an easy job? Passenger handle gave up at the weekend just went pop but didn't open the door. I'm guessing something snapped which this kit replaces?

Out of interest is this an easy job? Passenger handle gave up at the weekend just went pop but didn't open the door. I'm guessing something snapped which this kit replaces?

The pivot pin can be a pig to remove and also a little fiddley as your working with small parts, better with a second pair of hands.

The striker arm snaps resulting in NOT being able to open the door from the outside but will still open from the inside. If you've got these symptoms then my kit will fix it.

The striker arm snaps resulting in NOT being able to open the door from the outside but will still open from the inside. If you've got these symptoms then my kit will fix it.

Exactly what I have. Ridiculously skint at the moment but will give you a shout as I'll need a pair soon :D

Dave - i sometimes have to really pull hard on the door handle to get the door to open. Is this a symptom of an inevitable door handle failure?

Cheers

Not necessarily, could be something else.

I couldn't find a source for the roll pins but I've got some split pins at the correct diameter, let me know when you need 1 and I'll post FOC.

Dave, that would be great, I'll send a PM (when it gets a bit warmer!)

I want to get the passenger door handle done as the drivers one feels much more solid now.

Hi

Please could you give me details....I need a Corrado V6 drivers side door handle repair kit . Car has electric windows and central locking. Car is 1995. Thanks

Could you PM order details please?

I need a drivers side repair kit for a 1996 VR6

Thanks.

I assume Andrew this is for the one you're currently restoring - Saw it on your website the other day!!

Got mine today and fitted it, thanks it's ace!

Couple of points about fitting before I forget;

Whoever did this without taking the handle off and working on bench/desk must be very skilled :salute:

Knocking the pin out as per the instructions wouldn't work on my handle as when it's only half way out, the pin is up against a piece of plastic where the central locking wiring originates.

I tried the screw method but it wouldn't bite for me so I knocked the pin out the other way using a thin Philips screwdriver, it was at a bit of an angle but it worked!

Then I had a struggle getting the remains of the broken bit out? Maybe I had more left than other people had? I had to really force the spring up to allow it to drop out, getting the new one in was easier for some reason!

Excellent kit and very highly recommended!

Removing the pin is the difficult part of the whole process, the install guide is exactly that, a guide, and as with most things a certain amount of your own initiative has to be employed.

I'm always around on the forum if anyone needs further guidance but please read this thread (I know it's lengthy) as some forum members have shared their own experiences and solutions and its all very welcome so please keep them coming.

I've said it before and I'll repeat as some may not be aware but I do offer to repair handles sent to me and I get them sent back the following day. Not all can do this as it leaves the car insecure if no access to a secure lockup is available. Being a daily driver also has it's problems.

Feedback always appreciated.

cheers dave got my kit yesterday passenger door opens again weyhey

only trouble i had was getting the pin out i snapped a central locking wire :mad2: so i ended up cutting them off proberly to short to rejoin

had to push the pin right through now my lock is playing up on the drivers side gone stiff feels like its the wrong key