Sign in to follow this  
Neil VR6

G60 induction

Is it worth getting a cone type open induction kit for my G60 or leave the standard cold air fed airbox. The charger is Stage 4'd so blowing a bit more than standard. Would it just suck in hot air or are they effective? I know the foam ones are poor so I would be looking at a Green or K&N. Cheers

i read once in pvw that tests had shown the best way is a good panel filter (k and n) and a drilled air box. maybe some sort of heat deflector too.

ghetto mods rule!!!!

I sold my induction kit as I found my engine was more responsive with the modified airbox with the carbon cannister removed and a cold air pipe installed there instead... 8)

If you DO go for the cone kit, make sure you fit a decent heat shield, else you're just gonna be sucking in hot air into the engine... :|

I thought as much as the oil temp usually sits at about 112 degrees so heatsoak from that is gonna kill any benefit gained by the increased flow a cone filter would give. So there's a kind of noise damping box is there that you can remove and replace with cool air ducting?

Been told the same kind of thing a lot of times. I'm happy with my airbox (snorkel removed and carbon canister chopped) as it is :)

use the search Neil g60, there's loads of info on what it is, where it lives and how to remove it on here... I know, I got the instructions for removing it on mine from on here! :lol: 8)

I have to say I've used the search function on this site and it tends to throw lots of irrelevant stuff up containing none of the keywords I've specified. I'll give it a shot though

Neil - when using the search and when using multiple words, you HAVE to string them together with 'AND' inbetween each word otherwise you will just get a tonne of irrelevant stuff come back as I think it just searches for any instance of either of the words you specify.

So 'carbon AND canister' should do you a lot better than 'carbon canister'

HTH :)

vwdubs, it'd be great as long as it takes very little to power the fridge, otherwise you'd be loosing power trying to make it! :lol: That's what an intercooler or charge cooler system is for... 8)

that's an inspired addition for any PUG, cos who wants to sober up to find out they actually own one of these :mrgreen: