Sign in to follow this  
Majik

My handle damage (thanks alot ars**ole)

Here is the damage to my passenger door what do you guys think new door or can it be repaired

handle1.jpg

handle2.jpg

handle3.jpg

mabee time tolook at having a6 handles fitted!!as this wont happen again when they are fitted and you could still use those doors for the job

do you have an alarm that can trigger your central locking?

if so.. you can buy an actuator kit that will open the latch on your doors through the keyfob for $30 (canadian).. which is about £15.

..then shave off your door handles and watch the look on that son of a bitches face when he tries that again!! :shock: 8)

i dont know about the shave handle thing, i'd be happy with armour plates but of course no one makes em for the corrado

when you do the bodywork, have some thick metal plates cut to size and welded on the inside of the door. screwdrivers aint gettin through that!!

i was thinking of that and also them flamer kits which were about some time ago, hook up a mini switch to the door lock, as soon as its triggered POW the flames shoot up and grill the MOFO!

:lol:

until the corrado electrical gremlims make it malfunction and you get toasted on your way to the store! lol!

thats like the alarms that electrocute you if you sit down in the driver seat without disarming the alarm. i wouldn't trust that shit on a corrado!

yeah that can be repaired not the easiest of jobs but as 8vg60 said it would be a good idea to refit another type of handle loads more secure and no more work than repairing it to fit the original handle

i can understand what people mean now about expensive C ownership. But getting an alarm sorted this week and then supercharger rebuild some time next month. Who supply's and fits a6 door handles?

would it be better getting the kit from C&R? or do they make cheap pattern kits?

i'm in the exact same boat man.. alarm this week, along with fixing the central locking glitch on the passenger side. just got my charger back from full rebuild and porting. i'm going to shave my door handles instead of switch handles, roughly the same cost. my tranny decided to blow the 3rd gear synchro and the heater core let go just before i stored it for the winter.

believe me, you're not alone! :?

we have enough money to spend as it is, we dont need some filthy bastid to hack up our doors with a screwdriver :mad:

armour door plates dont really work-give more leaverage to rip the handle off!!

that door prob can be beaten back in to shape and welded up etc- happend to my cuzs mk2golf... but with the amount of labour etc to get it looking perfect, ur better off getting a new door.