Sign in to follow this  
samm_cvr6

Engine Rebuild

Just took receipt of my Corrado after it's rebuild, I had pretty much everything done including new cams, timing belt and chains etc and wow, the car feels much better than it did before, quicker and even smoother. I forgot how nice the Corrado looks aswell, when I saw it at the garage after a week there, it really stood out from the rest of the cars (although they were all pretty crap)

The mechanic said he was looking for one a while ago and went to see 3 VR6's and it was nice to hear that he said mine was better than the others. Who knows what the other ones were like but being a mechanic you would think he wouldn't bother looking at one if it was only average!?

The mechanic said he has also driven a Mitsi GTO and he thought my Corrado was quicker! obviously this is not true but maybe he was testing a GTO loosing boost etc...

£1,515, not bad I thought.. Obviously I can't really give it any welly for another 500 miles but will have a more informed opinion and post it then..

GTOs don't have boost. They're normally aspirated. Only the 2.0 V6 Mivec is comparable to the VR. The lower powered ones are plain gutless.

yea, was on about the 3000 GTO, you know the big ugly looking thing that weighs about 1.8 tonnes. but while we're on the subject I did try one of those FTO's, they are really good but almost opposite engine characteristic to the VR6 ie not enough power where you need it.