Sign in to follow this  
AdamB

No Washer jets

I took the Vr6 in to the dealers to get the bonnet catch repaired, and since I have had it back, I am unable to get the washer jets to work.

I have found so far that -

1. There is no 12v supply going to the washer pump when you pull the wiper arm.

2. I know the mechaninc had to take the fuse box out to replace the cable for the bonnet catch.

3. The wipers work, so I know it is not the fuse.

4. The wiper arms move when you try to activate the washers.

Would anyone think there is a possibilty he has dislodged something, or even have any other idea as to what could be the problem.

I am taking it back to them soon, but I would like to have an idea what it could be, instead of them fobbing me off with some story.

Cheers Steve. Considering the work that was done, this does sound like a plausable theory. I shall head back there, armed with this "insider" knowledge.

Many thanks

Adam

I had a check of the relays located above the fuse box, and comparing them to the picture in the manual, there is one missing. I dont know which one is which though, as I do not have a relay list. I did ensure that all the relays that are present, are in firmly though, and this had no effect on the washers.

Are there any other possibilities?