Sign in to follow this  
Tekara

Strange noises

Hi All

Really must stop asking so many questions. Trying to get to the bottom of a few oddities.

1: The C has started to make an odd noise when turning, if i turn gradually its makes a sort of twanging creaking sound, the more i turn the quicker the sound, when you reach about 1/2 lock it sort of becomes a dry graunching sound. Shortly after buying the car i had the tracking done, had a pull to the left. It's now started to return but only slightly. Not sure if it matters but ive noticed that the passengers side top mount sits about 1.5cm higher than the other. It's been mentioned it could be duff top mounts, but ive been out to try and better discribe whats going on.

2: When accelerating through low revs i can hear a very quiet whining sound, as soon as i left of the gas this goes away, hit 2.5k and engine noise drowns it out. Could this be belt or pump related ?

3: Finally a real pain, not quite a noise. Some times when pulling away in 1st clutch dipped the power drops, lights dim, fuel pump makes a lower hum and the battery light comes on. As soon as the car is moving all goes back to normal.

I'll admit now my mechanical knowledge is pretty limited, just want to get this bugbears off my list.

I've noticed that the passengers side top mount sits about 1.5cm higher than the other. It's been mentioned it could be duff top mounts, but ive been out to try and better discribe whats going on.

Definitely at least 1 duff top mount - replace the pair & be sure to use new top mount bearings too (sold seperately).