Sign in to follow this  
PoorRelation

Power increase required

Does anyone know of any easy ways to increase the the power of a 94L 2.0 16v? Without buying a new engine....... All help would be much appreciated.

absolutely :D

do the nitrous thang!! cheapest hp/£ you can get!! .and its gotta be a right old laugh playing around with Nitrous

check out the highpower forum, they fitted a standard G60 corrado with a kit of theirs and it ran a 13.1 at santa pod, that`s pretty darn quick, quicker than a porshe turbo if top gear is anything to go by. 8)

poorrelation: from what ive heard there isn't a whole lot you can do to the 16v without spending a fair bit of cash. you could buy a set of cams and a chip.. ive heard that helps a lot, but ive also heard it isn't worth the $$.

nitrous.. :)

TURBO :D

you could G60 it.. but the turbo will let you rev it a lot higher. if you G60 it you'll have to use a 72mm pulley at the smallest if you want to take it to redline . . . safely. thats just fine, but its less low-down torque than you'd get with a 65mm or 68mm... 62mm :twisted:

if it was me.. i'd turbo it.

dazzy is right, the list goes on and on.. as it does for pretty much any stock car.. but none of that stuff is cheap or really a 'bolt-on'. you should sit down and really think about what kind of power you're looking to make, and what combination of mods will achieve that power, and be somewhat cost-effective. research, research, research. watch all the forums/lists and see that other guys are doing.. can't hurt.

PD Motorsport are worth talking to. I spoke to Darren and hope to get my car in with them in October (when I get another years no claims) for a 30bhp increase. Not sure of price/ parts yet but Darren is compiling a list of "tweaks" for me.

With regards to nitrous, does this not seriously shorten the life of the engine? Or am I a few decades out of date?

Cheers for the link bazgreener,

Food for thought there...... suddenly I have become very tempted.

Just out of interst, how many canisters of nitrous do you get through, I know it depends on size etc, but is is expensive/ easy to get hold of? You got any snaps of the canister installed in your car?

Cheers

I`ve not got nitrous `YET` but dubcharged is just fitting a kit to his car. You could ask that question on the highpower forum :)

Ah-ha, no worries I'll see if i can get hold of him..... cheers for the info m8. 8)

Edited for ya ;) VR

Blimey.. there is an edit button you know :) You can modify posts that you made to correct things like typo's! :)