Sign in to follow this  
biggrim

Overheating G60!!!

Woo-hoo :D :D :D :D :D :D temps are reading --- till 50 then up to 95-112 in traffic. water temp 90 and stays there or thereabouts. no beeps, no lights, just perfect... so far. Tahnks very much for your help Henny and Ant (BANANA MAN) and everyone else who has given me help on this 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :D 8) :p:p:p:p:p

Nice one, I take it you managed to remove the aftermarket sender ok then without having to remove the back seats or something. :lol:

much wonder your going YAY!!!!!!!.henny......biggrim must be due you a brewery :lol: :lol: LOL

I'll give him his due that he did offer a large amount of beer for my help, but I'm happy that I've made a difference to his C and he can get me a beer when we eventually meet up at one of the shows... 8) :D

I'm just dead chuffed that it's all working now..... All I've got to do is get my own car sorted and then I'll be happy! :roll: :lol:

Once again a big cheers to all who made my car not read 146 degrees as soon as I switch it on!!!! Virtual pints all round every one :p JoeM, got it sorted without having to remove any panels whatsoever :wink: and the recommended "mplegrips and twist" technique worked wonders. I'll say one thing though, the G60 engine is very toit for space. Not ideal for working on (VR must be a nightmare!!) but no grazed knuckles so no real complaints. Henny, you were right about loosing very little oil, not even enough to get the rag wet from the switch on the righ of the block! No oil at all from the oil filter housing holees either 8) Renewed all of the connectors aswell cause they looked like they had seen better days plus what's the point in putting new switches in and keeping 11 year old connectors? Think I'm gonna go hoover it out now and give the interior some attention. Thanks again :D :lol: :D