Sign in to follow this  
Rossco

Valver to charger or Valver-charged

At the moment i have a corrado 16 Valve and was wondering what would be involved if i wanted to put a G60 engine in it? I know there is bound to be a few people that have done this conversion. Or heres a crazy thought what about makin the 16 valve run with the G-Ladder is this good stuff.

Any help would be appreciated thanks guys

Hi

Am also in Aberdeen mate. You can transplant the G60 lump into the 16V shell but you will need the engine, loom, ECU, and the brakes (280mm) if you want to be able to stop with the extra power. G60 lumps are quite difficult to get hold of. As far as the 16V G60 conversion goes you would need a complete G60 engine, ECU, loom etc anyway. Best person to talk to about this conversion would be Darren at PD Motorsports on this forum as 8VG60. He has done this conversion before but be warned it's not straightforward, i.e. you will need custom pistons and intake manifold (if you cannot get hold of an Audi S2 or Scirocco 50mm intake)

Best of luck with whatever you decide mate

SCOTCORRADOG60

hey it sounds like a G60 transplant for me. I was at the corrado club meet the other before GTI international and there was a guy there in a white C who had put a G60 into his 16 V was that you or do you know this guy would be handy to pick his brains like

hey it sounds like a G60 transplant for me. I was at the corrado club meet the other before GTI international and there was a guy there in a white C who had put a G60 into his 16 V was that you or do you know this guy would be handy to pick his brains like

that was struan's motor(aka scotcorradog60)though i'm sure if you speak to pau1(aka paul allan......he was the one who transplanted it in the first place) on this forum he might also be able to to the g-60 transplant for you.......though you would have to source the g-60 first

surely it must be loads easier to sell the valver and buy a clean high'ish mileage G60 thats had the charger rebuilt?