Sign in to follow this  
MNuTz

Few problems with new motor!!

Lo all,

Just picked up the G60 and im as happy as larry :D

Anyway, i noticed a few things since picking it up that i didnt notice originally.

1) The lever to open bonnet doesnt open bonnet when pulled. Im guessing its the cable thats gone but can i open the bonnet without using the lever?? Where's the best place for a cable and for how much?

2) When breaking, the oil light comes on. What is the best oil to use? I will be getting a full service just after xmas and just want something that will do the job but not break the bank.

3) Exactly what should the engine sound like under acceleration? I keep hearing a whooshing (air escaping) is this normal?

4) The petrol gauge and temp gauge seems broken. The temp gauge didnt move at all but it ran out of petrol at work and it was well below empty, i got to the garage and put a tenner in it. It was then still below empty but by the time i got home it had risen to just below the red mark. How much should it cost to fill a tank? What can i check to see if the gauge is working correctly??

5) Does the C come with a security system built in? Mine has central locking and an alarm but it auto locks when the key is in the ignition and doors locked, the petrol cap is also controlled by the central locking!

Im sure ill find others, but its now dark so its parked up waiting for morning. I shall be taking a few pictures and giving it a good clean. Also got to make sure the sunroof is watertight, can you get new seals to go around the sunroof?

1. have a search on the forum for bonnet realease procedure.

2. Sort that oil first if the light is coming on under brakes check the level on the dipstick. Use the recommended oil Synta silver i think it is called from the dealer.

3. Sounds like a boost leak unless the person who had it before you fitted some kind of Blow off which is stuck open.

4. not sure about this one my temp guage did not work when i got my car and it was the temp sender on the front of the engine which was faulty

5. Not a clue but most of the people on here have binned the factory alarm and replaced with a CAT 1 and it pleases the insurance company

Add in your profile where you are in the uk so people on the forum can recommend someone to go to for work. The sunroof seals were available in march from my steeler somewhere around £25

Full fuel tank costs will depend on how old your car is. Early G60's had a 12 gallon tank, later ones (like mine) have a 15 gallon tank.

From bone-dry, mine will take around £60.... :shock: