Sign in to follow this  
J a m e s

Hi everyone....

thats what i thought tom... but didn't say nuttin cuz i've never driven a rado VR... and we don't have the 2.9L ones here in any car like you guys have over there.

I'll offer some imparial advice, as I have neither. Or maybe I'll not get into the middle...

Ah feck it.... :lol:

The G60 is much less refined, more of a racy machine. The VR6 is more of a very fast grand tourer, very refined.

THe G60 is very tunable, but does need charger serviced regularly (rebuilt every 40-60k). the VR6 may never need touched mechanically, but is very expensive to tune.

G60's are older than VR6's, but prices don't vary much, except for the much later VR6 Storms. Though beware very overpriced heavily modded G60's.

BTW the 0-60 times in parkers are in innaccruate. Apparently the G60 they used was having gearbox problems. Its 0-60 times are more in the region of low 7's high 6's (correct me if i'm wrong anyone).

Depends what you are looking for really. Personally, mine would be a late unfacelifted G60, standard but for chip and pulley and rebuilt charger, standard, cloth interior.... Each to their own I suppose :D .

I prefer the vr6 for obvious reasons, but I say u would be better going for a g60 as u said ure budget is £3k, you would have to spend a lot of time trying to find a decent vr for that price then you would probably have to spend a good bit more to get any problems solved. Insurance is also higher.

thanks for all your help, gonna go for the G60.

rang a couple last night, should be looking on sat.

how much is the charger to rebuilt/serviced?

Stick an induction kit on a VR6, windows down sunroof open, drop a cog and floor it then tell me you still want a G60 :p

Stick an induction kit on a VR6, windows down sunroof open, drop a cog and floor it then tell me you still want a G60 :p

I can understand that very much, but does the supercharger make a noise??

I really appreciate the replies etc.

I am trying to gather as much info as possible so i know i buy the right car, which ones come with half leather recaros etc??

Thanks

James :D

lol

cause its a Turbo it did that lol, rather of had it running rich on boost than lean :D

back on Corrado's, what price should i be paying for one?

yeah well you dont need to drop a cog on a g60 to get a great power roar!!

here is my old car, do corrados do this???

8)

according to the last owner, if you get the revs just right and change gear on my G60 it flames, Cant say as i've seen it do it as im always driving it!!

I've read loads of posts about which is best, G60 or VR6. The most common responce is - 'The G60 is raw' and 'The VR6 is much more refined'

My question is this, what makes the VR6 more refined? The fact that it has round heater controls!!!

I've read loads of posts about which is best, G60 or VR6. The most common responce is - 'The G60 is raw' and 'The VR6 is much more refined'

My question is this, what makes the VR6 more refined? The fact that it has round heater controls!!!

Well if the VR6 is more refined then all that own a late facelifted G60 will have best of both worlds.

i.e new shape, and heater controls that dont break ( i hope) :roll: :lol:

2 extra cylinders - gotta love that V6 burble?

No, definitely the round heater controls :D

thaks for the replies, but i am decided on getting a G60 now :D

and i can not beleive how cheap coil overs are!! gonna get these straight away

Good choice if i do say so myself!

Welcome to the forum James and prepare to get addicted to the G. We're all heavy users here, should really get a group therapy session going :lol:

Get your G, whip off the charger and let Darren do his thang then you'll be ready for some fun. 8)

lol :lol: ......you drive a VR6 on a long m-way trip and then do the same in a G-60 then see if its just down to heater controls :roll: :wink:

Well if the VR6 is more refined then all that own a late facelifted G60 will have best of both worlds.

i.e new shape, and heater controls that dont break ( i hope) :roll: :lol:

ah but nige m8 all G-60's have the early style dash controls and the un-refined :wink: heater controls.....even some very early VR6's have the early interior

For £3k you're gonna get a shed of a VR6, or with a bit of hunting around a Good - Very good G60. THEN look at what mods you can do to it.

My .02!

G60 just as quick as VR6 (been there, owned both!) VR6 smoother and quieter. G60 more playable with, more fun, better handling (that should stir some discussion :? :D :p )

totally agree with you there jeremy...........if you're only budgeting for about £3-4k then the g-60 is the better proposition.....the VR6 can be bought pretty cheaply now but is more than likely going to be needing a bit of money spent whereas the main(not the only thing btw) thing to ensure with the g-60 is that the charger has had some attention recently.....also the standard suspenion on the VR6 is more suited for autobahn cruising than for blatting about in twisties which even a std suspension'd g-60 can really show a VR a clean pair of heels

they've each got their advantages and dis-advantages.....if i had enough spare cash i would buy a g-60 C in a flash......but still keep my VR too