Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

Headlight Glass

Got to work this morning......................big hole in the headlight glass :x

Where's the cheapest place for a replacement?

Thanks

Dave

Pretty sure GPC sell headlight glass... or maybe even the Stealer does it for a reasonable price these days?

Thats not a bad price to be honest.. not sure about the 'competition' prices though.

It's pretty easy to change them! (just had to invest in a new one for mine :roll: )

After removing the headlight.....(3 screws).....the black plastic trim around the glass comes off with a bit of encouragement with a screwdriver!!

The glass is then held on with 10(?)....small metal clasps around the lens, which can be levered off with the same screwdriver!! :wink:

Just be carefull because they tend to fly off and get lost...I think there is now one less holding my lens on :oops: :oops: :oops:

While were on this one anyone know where I can get some actual headlight assemblies as the clips on mine are buggered and I need to replace them as part of the resto! 8)

Along with some indicators an front fogs! :(

if you just want clips Ive LOADS. also got some surrounds and glasses (late VR glass a bit grubby)

Cool beans! :D

I actually need One drivers side lense, one drivers side fog, One passeneger side complete h/light assembly (clips are buggered!) and one passenger side Inidcator..... :(

Also need a couple of trim bits too so I think I will post this on the wanted section too.

Mind you what I can i will buy new, after all she only deserves the best I can get! :wink:

Let me know?

Cheers Mate 8)

so what you need then? Ill bag up a load of cips for u and post em if you need them. dont have complete headlight and the glasses arent as good as new ones (seen their share of 100+ runs ;))

pablo_vr6, Jimbo? think you two may have gotten your wires crossed as to which bits you have/need...

pablo_vr6? You're on about the metal clips which hold the glass onto the light housing, aren't you?

Jimbo? You're on about the 2 black clips on the top of the housing which hold the light onto the slam panel, aren't you?

Indicators are only about £19 from GPC and the front fogs are cheapest from them too... 8)

Cheers Henny, yes sorry Pablo, Henny's quite correct..... :?

Thanks for your kind offer though! 8)

Im off to the GPC webiste..............Credit card in hand! :cry: