Sign in to follow this  
brookescourt

opinions please

Just looking for some opinions/advice guys,

I used to use this forum a lot when I had my G60 and even now after over a year i check it out every day. I have just been offered a totaly standard K reg VR6 with 89k for £3000. It has a full VW history and is in very good condition. The car will also be mot'd & serviced again before sale.

Is this a good price? I am a little bit 'out of the loop' regarding Corrados these days.

Any comments grately appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob.

Yep - thats a very good price at the minute Rob. Provided there is nothing hooky about that, i'd jump on it.

that seems cheap mate.. I'd get the car checked over, the usual things to look out for the timing chains done etc? not to famliar with VR's though, but I'm sure some1 will tell you what to look out for..

Wow!!!! :shock: Quickly before they change their mind!!! I got mine a K reg for £3000, 104k miles, plus I had to put it in for a service straight away and replace a few bits. The car above would go for at least over £4k if it is as good as described!!! Don't hang about.

Is there anything dodgy about this car at all - how many owners, HPI clear? Seems very cheap. What colour is it?

Yeah as Bally says, I would check it out very, very carefully using the "what to look out for guide" on here. Timing chain replacement is about £1k etc.

Good luck

Sounds like it could be too good to be true, but if it's genuine bite his arm off.

Definitely get an HPI Check done and check it over when it's cold and warm. Take it out for a drive and look for black puffs of smoke when you lift off after a hard acceleration. If there are any, then walk away cos the bores are shagged.

Also listen out for rattling in the engine bay. If there's something coming from the top right of the engine bay that sounds like a marble in a tin can then the chains are dying and will need doing soon. On 89k they should be fine tho, especially if it's got a full VAG history as if nothing else, it means that it's had regular oil changes.

I haven't seen it yet, my girlfriend just spotted it somewhere and phoned me. The garage has it up for £3500 but will let her have it for £3000 for a cash sale.

It is dark blue (LC5U?) and has had 3 owners. I can get an HPI free anyway so that will not be a problem and they will hold the car untill I can get to see it as she (my girlfriend) knows them.

Does anyone know if that is the correct paint code and what colour it is?

Cheers,

Rob.

Just looking for some opinions/advice guys,

I used to use this forum a lot when I had my G60 and even now after over a year i check it out every day. I have just been offered a totaly standard K reg VR6 with 89k for £3000. It has a full VW history and is in very good condition. The car will also be mot'd & serviced again before sale.

Is this a good price? I am a little bit 'out of the loop' regarding Corrados these days.

Any comments grately appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob.

Yes, in todays crazy climate of buying a C that sounds like a very good price mate....

However, give me the name and number so i can check a few things out for you........ :wink:

*Also on the look for a new C at the moment* :oops:

Worth a try :lol:

Good luck dude :wink:

I haven't seen it yet, my girlfriend just spotted it somewhere and phoned me. The garage has it up for £3500 but will let her have it for £3000 for a cash sale.

It is dark blue (LC5U?) and has had 3 owners. I can get an HPI free anyway so that will not be a problem and they will hold the car untill I can get to see it as she (my girlfriend) knows them.

Does anyone know if that is the correct paint code and what colour it is?

Cheers,

Rob.

LC5U is Aqua Blue Pearl, which is the same colour as mine and it looks like Bally's too.

Its sounding better all the time, ive always liked that colour. My girlfriends going back there now to take some photos with her digi camera so I can get a good idea of what its like before i take a trip to see it.

Its probably not the best car to buy as were expecting a baby in March but once bitten the bug never goes far!

you could get a baby seat in the back... or buy a cheep polo for carting the kid in and then you can have the C all to yourself :mrgreen:

Hhhhhmmmm, keep us posted and put the pictures on here when you get them, all sounding very good. Sounds like your girlfriend is as keen as you are to get it as well! It took my girlfriend some time to come round to accepting the VR (maybe it was the amount of time I was spending with it), it was too low at first, but now she is used to it and loves it.