Sign in to follow this  
Ford

HT leads?

Hi, does anybody know how long on average HT leads last/how long before they need replacing?

Many thanks,

There isn't really a predetermined life span for HTs, you just replace them when they start arcing to the head! The VW ones seem to last a good 10 years or so though.

Depends on what you've got. I had super-duper Magnecor's on mine that have I believe a 5yr guarantee, but if you've got cheap tat much less time :)

My virtually new Magnecors (£100 a set :shock: ) may be available for purchase soon...

The VW ones seem to last a good 10 years or so though.

The Quantum ones they now sell are sh1te apparently, Can't go wrong with Blue Igniters from C&R with a lifetime warranty

Might be a 10yr warranty with the Magnecors then, I can't remember...

If there not maybe you can do your own extended warranty? :lol: - didn't realise you worked for Dixons... :roll:

Might be a 10yr warranty with the Magnecors then, I can't remember...

If there not maybe you can do your own extended warranty? :lol: - didn't realise you worked for Dixons... :roll:

:lol: yeah for a small fee of £100 I'll guarantee the leads for another 5yrs. Bargain :roll:

Many thanks for the comments and help. I currently have some black ones on, I think 7mm, will have to check through the paperwork later to see who made them. A friend of mine has offered me some blue ones that are 8mm, he paid about £60 for them from one of the shows bought with a friend and got a discount - apparently he said that they would retail for much more than this? Is it a case of thicker the better? Are these going to be better than my current ones? Also will they fit into the plastic clips. Anyway, he said he would find out the make of leads and get back to me.

may be available for purchase soon...

Cheers Dinkus, if it all goes to plan for you getting the car back etc, I feel like a vulture, but I would def. want to buy your catalyst, if somebody hasn't already put their name to it.

Cheers,

I agree with whoever said the original VW red Beru leads are the best, and you won't have to worry about filing down clips, etc, to make bigger aftermarket ones fit either.

Yeah, it's worth noting that the Magnecor's are big buggers and you need to file off the clips to get them to fit.

Apparently VW will still sell the red Beru leads, but they cost ££££ so they also offer the "Quantum" ones. Cheapy quantum leads come as a set, whereas the Beru leads are sold individually.

You pays your money, you takes your choice...

I just bought a new set of leads from VW.

They offered me a set for £65, these were the Quantum ones.

I asked for Red Beru, and these cost me £114 (ish) after VWCCGB discount.

Problem solved - it wasn't the colpack after all !!