Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

Which Coilovers ??

Think i'm gonna go for coilovers on my G60, like the idea of getting the ride height tweaked to a compromise of looks AND handling.

I've done a search and read good and bad about FK Konigsports, (seem to be good on a VR) anyone have these ?? And what about H&R's?? Or something else?? Cheers for any help !

I ve got fk highsports cant fault the the quality and the handling of them! They aren't damper adjustables like the konigsports but are very good for the money

Happy New Year all! Think i'm gonna go for the FK Konigsports.

Just want to know how to adjust the height and hardness on them? Is it an easy job? How do you get them all the same ?

Ok, fair enough :)

I've got the Konigsports on the VR, as I guessed you've already gathered!

Height adjustment is done by moving the platform on which the springs sit. Could be done just by jacking the body up and leaving the wheel on, but it depends what height they're at.

Odds are that you'll just need to keep whipping the wheels off and adjusting. Take it for a spin to let them settle and then reassess/adjust.

Damping is done by adjusting each coilover at the top. Fronts can be done by removing the rubber cover, whereas the rears will need the parcel shelf supports removing.

I ran mine for about 6 months before the new rims went on, and the collars for adjusting the height still moved with no problem at all. And that's without using any sort of lubricant/grease/wax etc.