Sign in to follow this  
J a m e s

Pics of -120mm

has anyone got a pic of there corrado lowered -120mm on coilovers?

Thanks

120mm? :shock: Sheesh, mine was 80mm down before I got the suspension corner-weighted and that was LOW... :lol:

Can you even GO 120mm lower than standard?!? :?:

I have mine running at -80mm and that is about as low as I can pretty much go on 17's maybe you can do it when running on 15's as I had some gap before I put the 17's on but now I have none!

-120 is enormous that will be undrivable ! you’ll rip up the undercarriage on the slights bump. :shock:

low.jpg

mine looks about like this, on 15s. my oil pan is only a few inches off the ground. i tried driving the car up on ramps yesterday to do some exhaust work... have the front end right off except the lower rad support, the ramps were still about 3 times too steep!!! ..hit the intercooler about 3 inches up the ramp. :lol:

guessing i'm at about 80-90mm low.. 120mm is pretty extreme man! you'll have like 2 inches between the pavement and the oil pan!

mines lowered 60mm ahd theres about a 10cm gap between the front spoiler and the road, i think the car would be unsafe if lowered it another 60mm

i have 17s fitted

i think if you had sideskirts and a rear bumper spoiler, an 80mm drop would be more than enough

What's got to be remembered is that, no offence but J a m e s, You drive a punto. These werent exactly low cars were they. On G60's the Car was lowish anyway. So, 120mm lower on C would be MUCH lower than 120 on a punto, Get my point? Definatly get coilovers tho if you want to be specific. But its not how low you go that counts, its how low you ARE!

Mines is on FK Coilovers and i aint got a clue how much its lowered, But it sucks the road like a leach to a swollen ear!!! 8) and thats what i wanted out of it.

i did drive a punto :D and it was a monster :p

i admitt these are sky riders at standard form, and was was down about -90mm, anyway i wanna get coilovers so i can experiment heights etc, and they are only £350 from racelanduk.com

i admitt these are sky riders at standard form, and was was down about -90mm, anyway i wanna get coilovers so i can experiment heights etc, and they are only £350 from racelanduk.com

Yeah, ive seen those coilovers, anyone got any expirience with them?

Ahhh, So your not on the Punto Forum now then?

To answer you both, apparently they're not great. I had heard good things about Ride quality But Spoke to someone with a Motrsport look 16v C At inters and he said that he hated them. Liked them initially but he was on his 4th (yes FOURTH) set and it was starting to Pi$$ him off!!! :lol: Spose it depends how you Drive. But it looked like he drove it like your meant too!!! :wink:

this is a pic of my G60 before with the original BBS 15" and lowered 120mm. It was mad but you get some strange looks.

Thats 120!!! I was expecting more!!! 8) Get em Painted Black, Get the Face Diamond cut.

Euro with attitude! :twisted:

Its what i would of done if i Didnt go the Motorsport look........

the front spoiler seats about 1.5 cm off the ground,the rear wheels are hiden in the arch. Trust me it was really low but that pic isnt that clear,but now with the RS4 front bumper and with 17 its a bit higher as i dont wanna damage anything but its still low,no point to go too low in my opinion,80mm is about max you need.

There you go here's a picture of mine!!! There's no spoiler on the front as it was too low for the roads round here, when it's on you cant even get your foot under the spoiler!!!

Hmmm....what is the fascination with lowering the car to that extent? 120mm is just plain silly. If the driveshafts run lower than parallel all the while you can kiss goodbye to decent handling beyond 8/10ths. A car with a decent amount of suspension travel will handle better than one dropped to the floor with bugger all suspension travel. And by handling I don't mean no body roll, I mean traction, feel and stability.

I don't disagree with lowering, don't get me wrong, it just pains me to see a car that has a good setup from the factory have it's ride ruined by Nova boy suspension drops. A set of Konis with some eibach or H&R -30mm springs is plenty good enough to turn a great handling car into a better handling one. -80+ is just asking for all sorts of problems.

Kev

94 VR6

I don't disagree with lowering, don't get me wrong, it just pains me to see a car that has a good setup from the factory have it's ride ruined by Nova boy suspension drops. A set of Konis with some eibach or H&R -30mm springs is plenty good enough to turn a great handling car into a better handling one. -80+ is just asking for all sorts of problems.

:D :D :D I got my car back from a local motorsport place on Friday afternoon after they set up my new supersprint coil-overs for me... They've set the car to -30mm and then corner weighted it... I can't believe the difference it's made to the handling and balance of the car... Unreal! :D When it was at -80mm she drifted quite a bit and could be a bit of a handfull around corners at speed 'cos there was nothing left in the suspension... :? now she's set up properly, yee-gads, she corners like someone's thrown an anchor outta the window!!! :lol:

I agree kev... 120mm will not only look pretty stupid, it'll just end up cracking various body parts, damaging the sump tray (as plenty of low ridin Corrado owners will tell you), and will handle terribly.

Nice subtle lowering is the trick definately..

Yeah and the driveshafts will clobber the chassis legs over big bumps and pretty much ride on the bump stops all the while!

With the VR6 at least, I feel VW got the ride stiffness and damping spot on but they could have given the car a neater ride height though, especially at the rear!

I've had the rear of my car laden with 3 bikes, luggage and toolboxes and the ride height stayed exactly the same! I think 1.5" arch clearance is spot on, not 4 inches!! Mind you, even with my tractor ride height, I still clout the chin spoiler regularly. Maybe VW weren't so daft after all?

Kev

94 VR6

...... -120mm, must be getting old @ 29 cos its difficult enough to get in and out the C at standard ride height lol.....dont think my back will take -120.