Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

Suspension - What bits can I replace?

I'm gonna buy some Konigsport coilovers for my G60 within the next couple of weeks, and was thinking that I should replace the various other bits of rubber etc. that affect the handling of the car (bushes, bump stops.. that kinda thing) at the same time. Then get it all properly set up :)

Just wondering what bits there are to replace (front and back) and whether I should just replace these with OEM parts, or can I get uprated versions?

I'm gonna be running the coilovers quite low so I wanna make sure I've got everything sorted so that this is possible.

Cheers, Chris

PS. Liking the new forum, good work Andi :lol:

Depends how far you want to go really? I would say at minimum new top strut mounts-you can get uprated aftermarket ones if you wish. Or if you want to go the whole distance, you could fit poly bushes all the way through. Apparently they can be had fairly cheaply through GSF. It's just the fitting which can add up if you are unable to do the work yourself. Hope this helps

I replaced all new top mounts etc, been ok for the last 20k, although I'm looking to replace all new rear bushes etc.. rides getting abit boucey now.. :roll:

So all I need to get is

OEM Bushes

Aftermarket Top Mounts

I remember reading I need some longer bolts for something if I'm going really low? - to adjust the rear camber or something like that?? :?

After doing all this, I think I'll get my engine running sweetly too.. looking forward to 2005 :D

I can't find what I'm talking about... I just remember reading something about needing longer bolts for something to do with lowering... It seemed to be common knowledge so is probably totally unrelated :oops:

The bolts that clamp the strut to the front upright on a VR6 (and presumably all late-model cars) allow the camber to be adjusted.

The bolts fitted to early 4-stud cars don't allow any adjustment.

It's not really a problem unless you're planning on a stupidly low ride-height. In which case the handling will be so bad anyway, there's no point in worrying...

I know that John (16VG60) advises using the later camber adjuster bolts when you lower a corrado to ensure that the camber can be set spot on to your requirements....

I had a set on J-DUB and without them wouldn't have been able to run the camber I ran with.... ;)